Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment, They are currently looking to hire Plant Manager in Kuwait.
• Management for the overall performance of the plant within the framework of O&M's priorities, policies and processes. Define and implement the Plants' yearly and medium term objectives and plans:
• Coordinating and managing the human, material and financial resources to manufacture clinker and cement whilst ensuring Employees' and contractors' safety, achieving or exceeding production targets, Quality specifications, and compliance with environmental regulations.
• Further optimizing and developing the plants 'assets': reserves, equipment, people and image. In line with the Clients and O&M's expectations.
• Based on the global objectives and guidelines given by the Country Manager,
• To lead by example as a role model in, safety, the environmental, teamwork, customer focus and continues improvement.
• Ensure the safety of the Plant and employees, contractors and third parties.
• Ensure that the laws and regulations pertaining to the activity are respected as well as the protection of environment in compliance with standards.
• Ensure that the products meet the relevant quality Standards and specifications defined in the Quality contract.
• Ensure that the production commitments in terms of volumes, deadlines and costs are met.
• Lead the business planning cycle at site level.
• Set and monitor Plant KPI's in line with O&M and Client expectations.
• Prepare and submit business reports in line with O&M and Client requirements.
• Formulate the strategic vision of the plant evolution in agreement with the Country Manager and prepare performance improvement plans accordingly.
• Define the Plant Improvement Plan and Budget. Define the Plants' medium and short-term plans and key objectives.
• Define and implement the relevant organizational changes in the plant, ensure development of key personnel and overall productivity of the workforce.
• Superior education (Engineering Degree) + MBA preferable but not essential
• 10 years of experience in heavy process industry.
• Strong and experienced background in Senior management including Technical, Process, Finance and HR and Project management understanding.
• Sufficient understanding of technical problems in order to decide appropriate action in the following domains: Safety, Plant Operations, Process, Maintenance, Product Quality, Quality, Environmental Management.
• Interpersonal & Management Skills
• Ability to control and manage a technical management team and motivate.
• Team leadership and resourceful character
• Ability to select, develop and promote staff, employee engagement
• Sense of organization / Delegation
• Results orientation
• Good communications skills, both oral and written.
• Strategic and General Management.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Technical Facilities Manager