Plant Manager - Readymix Concrete
A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Plant Manager will be responsible for bringing into operation, and managing, a new Readymix Concrete Batching Plant for a large infrastructure Project which has a projected duration of 10+ years.
The Plant Manager will be required to:
- Have a strong technical knowledge of readymix concrete (i.e. from sourcing raw materials to developing mix designs)
- Maintain oversight of the cost cycles and optimise procurement, production efficiencies and minimisation of waste
- Ensure robust quality controls and preventative maintenance regimes are implemented
- Lead by example in developing a culture of quality, consistency and efficiency, all of which is underpinned by a strong ethos of safety and environmental compliance
- Manage resources (personnel & plant) including oversight of the laboratory operations
- Optimise Transmit Mixer use and maintain Client satisfaction
- Develop a culture of continual improvement
- Support staff to succeed by ensuring they are adequately trained and resourced
- Manage and report on cost & quality targets, calibrations & maintenance plans, certification and accreditation status, etc.
- Manage inventories of raw materials, additives and admixtures, spares and consumables
The Plant Manager will report to the Director of Infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role
- A University Degree or Diploma in a related field
- Strong communications skills (English and Arabic)
- Technical and commercial skills
- A history of leading teams and driving efficiencies
- A proven ability to deliver a high standard of Health, Safety & Environmental controls
- Kuwait experience preferred.
- ACI accreditation or similar would be an advantage
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||19 Aug|
QA/QC & Materials Engineer Infrastructure
MPower Road and Infrastructure Contracting