Job description / Role
The purpose of the job is to lead the operations of the Ports division of Company. The role is responsible for smooth operations of business within the Ports division, in collaboration with the Division Head and at times other business units, to ensure profitability and reduced costs for the division. The role will also be responsible for assisting the Division Head in planning overall strategic direction of the Division.
- Responsible for the profitability and business operations of the Ports division.
- Proper task delegation/work plan to be given to middle management.
- Managing maintenance team through Department Supervisor / Head.
- Making sure all support is provided through procurement team to support operations and maintenance for having quick turnaround for all breakdown vehicles
- Managing the operation smoothly on day to day basis by proper control and ensuring that all the company polices are adhered
- Managing Container terminal (empty/full) by having a planned arrangements of containers stacked
- Managing Port operations, vessel discharge & back loading with all the safety policies and procedure to be in line.
- Managing a proper plan for all ports operations (Vessel handling and general cargo vessels)
- Provide key inputs to the Division Head for corporate strategy planning for Ports
- Continuously analyze the division’s resources including manpower and assets and planning on quantity and quality of capital expenditure
Educational Qualification: Graduate, preferably in shipping discipline
Experience: Preferably around 15 years in ports/marines operations, with at least 6 Years in Managerial role
Language Skills: English, Arabic added advantage
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.