Job description / Role
A leading bank in Kuwait is currently expanding their risk team and they are looking to find a Portfolio Risk Manager. This role is responsible to support the Division Head in effective management of team resources within the Portfolio Risk Management unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist Division Head to support the designing of a robust and fit-for-purpose process to generate Impairment-related data and metrics in constant engagement with stakeholders and team members.
* Assist in Program Design and implementation of the IFRS 9 impairment framework
* Engage closely with the MIS team and Business Units on developing the data requirements for implementation of the various aspects of IFRS 9 requirements on impairment.
* Develop, discuss and explain application of the appropriate methodologies and model outputs on PD, LGD and EAD and de-mystify IFRS 9 elements with the respective stakeholders / business units
* Assist in development and update of the various policies that will be required under the IFRS 9 impairment regime.
* Assist in the development and evaluation of appropriate models.
* Functionally assist the Division Head as a Risk lead and subject-matter expert on the Impairment aspects of IFRS
Candidate Profile & Requirements:
* Minimum 7-10 years of working experience in Corporate Credit Risk Modelling and analytics preferably with a banking and credit background.
* Strong working knowledge of Loss estimates such as PD, LGD and EAD
* Relevant Bachelor's degree / Masters in Statistics and Mathematics OR Engineering with Professional certifications in Quantitative Credit Risk Analytics
* Excellent knowledge in PC-associated techniques like MS Office along with an understanding of industry-standard Statistical tools/techniques for modeling credit-risk losses
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.