Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Principal Traffic Engineer who is responsible for leading and/or assisting in more complex transport planning and traffic engineering projects. This includes the development of design solutions, supporting modelling activities and final reporting to obtain authority approvals for single and multi-disciplinary design projects.
• Strong understanding of transportation principles
• Develop and apply strategic models to forecast traffic at local or regional level, understanding software’s theories and limitations.
• Study and evaluate the impact of different transportation schemes using strategic model.
• Consider clients' expectations whilst simultaneously developing solutions that are commensurate of local authority design requirements.
• Undertake and lead junction assessments tasks, including development and analysis of local and strategic road mitigation to improve network performance, and identify operational gaps in design.
• Coordinate with internal teams to insure design compatibility and identify gaps during the early stages. This may include identification of ROW limitations and impacts of infrastructure authority requirements.
• Develop existing relations and build strong connections with government authorities to facilitate approvals / traffic related NOC
• Provide training to the client teams on relevant transport softwares.
• Support the successful delivery of projects in a timely and efficient manner.
• BEng /BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with minimum 10 years post graduate relevant experience
• Beneficial: Masters degree in a Transport Planning related subject matter.
• Pragmatic and focused approach to the delivery of all tasks
• Ability to digest, comprehend and deliver on complex projects / proposals
• Strong focus on traffic engineering studies with contribution to milestone delivery reports.
• Solid command of English Language, both written and verbal.
• Solid communications skills for training delivery. Experience is beneficial as role will include provision of client training and report writing.
• Delivery of traffic impact assessments, development of mitigations, consideration of integration requirements considering all travel modes, parking design and report writing.
• Capabilities in strategic modelling (VISUM)
• Undertake and lead junction assessments tasks, including proficiency using junction analysis software such as Synchro / Sidra / HCS.
• Micro-simulation (VISSIM) modelling would be beneficial
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.