Job description / Role
- Evaluate equipment suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements for equipment.
- Coordination within various departments for equipment to be procured for project.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the nature and function of purchased equipment.
- Devise, implement and oversee procurement strategies to meet delivery schedule in line with project.
- Ensure that purchases comply with contractual obligations.
- Administer supplier and vendor contracts.
- Minimum qualifications required: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (NBA accredited)
- The candidate must be eligible to become member of the Kuwait Society of Engineers
- Shall have experience in Oil Sector substation projects (KNPC, KIPIC, KOC).
About the Company
- Established in 1982 by Sayed Hamid Behbehani & Sons, Kuwait.
- First Kuwaiti company to be awarded with ISO 9001 back in 1995 by DNV.
- Company certified for ISO/TS 29001:2010 Quality Management System standard for Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industries.
- Company certified for ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System standards.
- Company certified for OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational health and safety assessment series.
- Wide spectra of products covering Packaged Substations, concrete substations, switchgears, battery chargers, control & relay panels, transformers, Data acquisition system, etc.
- Turnkey services from Design and Manufacture to Testing, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of various types of HV/LV switchgear and Transformers.
- Eleven units having working area of 100,000 square meters.
- Most modern production facilities including 50 CNC machines.
- Intelligent robotic welding machines.
- Most modern powder coating & electroplating facilities.
- Computer aided Vacuum Casting plant, Vacuum Drying ovens, & Oil filtration plants.
- 500 Computers in Fiber optic Network linked to CNC Machines.
- Latest software: AutoCAD 2013 , AutoCAD Inventor 2013 for 3D Modelling, Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010, Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 , etc.
- ETAP software for short circuit calculations.
- Test facilities as per international standards including 1000kV impulse and partial discharge.
- Design, manufacture and commissioning of large substations including custom made packaged substations of different configurations, sizes and weights.
- Engineering Consultant for EPC projects.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Global Purchasing / Procurement Officer
Assistant Procurement Manager - FF&E
Procurement and Facility Manager
Quest Search & Selection