A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading the purchasing team tasked with procuring all construction materials, spare parts and general consumables for a very large, long running, infrastructure project.
The role will require frequent liaison with Commercial, Construction & Workshop Managers to ensure that quality construction materials and equipment parts are competitively sourced, procured & delivered in time to ensure the construction operations are not interrupted.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in a similar role and have a passion for building supplier relationships, sourcing competitive prices, meeting supply target dates, ensuring quality compliance, developing and monitoring procedures and communicating with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
The Procurement Manager will report directly to the Director – Infrastructure and Construction Management.
• Leading the procurement operations.
• Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing construction materials and equipment parts from local, regional and international suppliers.
• Building strong relationships with suppliers.
• Improving processes and systems to ensure compliant and quality products are competitively sourced in a transparent manner, are tracked to 100% fulfilment of order and are allocated to the correct cost head.
• Working proactively with the various teams within the business to ensure the purchasing effectively meets the requirements of the business.
• Managing clearance documentation with customs, suppliers and freight forwarders.
• Coordinating with the stores and/or Engineers to ensure that product compliance and quality reviews are coordinated with receipt of goods.
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and working closely with senior managers and the various departments to implement improvements.
• Training, motivating and sharing knowledge with team members.
• Providing healthy tension within the team, balancing service levels and the need for frugality, compliance, and transparency.
• Tracking the supply of items from a material request through to the full receipt of goods.
• Reducing petty cash purchases.
• Managing the Procurement Drivers so that they are utilised effectively and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will posses:
• 10+ years’ experience in a similar role in the Middle East.
• Excellent relationship builder with strong communication and negotiation skills.
• A proven ability to manage people and systems.
• English (written & verbal) essential, Arabic language skills preferred.
• A team player who is motivated and can drive change in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
• Computer proficiency with construction accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Data analysis and interpretive skills.
• Technical knowledge of construction materials and equipment parts.
• Attention to detail.
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Procurement and Facility Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Senior Procurement Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 Mar|
Procurement Manager - FM
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|