Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Major Accountabilities Of Position:
- Ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants
- Compliance with HSE procedures
- Maintain HSE focus for project duration.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities;
- Ensure that client requirement and the needs of multiple stakeholders are being identified and managed effectively
- Identify, document, and communicate the client requirements
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project and post-completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client as they arise, in conjunction with the Project Manager(s).
- Supervise, equip and coach project delivery personnel, in the project within the area of responsibility to ensure the proper performances (HSE, Commercial [including Budget], Schedule, Customer Satisfaction, Risk Management and resourcing)
- Ensure associate project engineers working in the project are closely monitoring project trends and project problems and taking early remedial action
- Work with project leads and the project controls personnel to ensure regular (weekly & monthly), accurate and standardized reporting for all individual projects
Effectively manage Worley/Client contract, including delivery of the budget
Project Management Support
- Support the Manager of Project in developing and implementing strategy to build digital delivery capability into the project services function and thereby into projects.
- Support the Manager of Project in assuring consistency and approach across the elements of the function (cost control, planning/scheduling change management, forecasting, estimating, contracts & procurement, project accounting & working capital management, document management)
- Define the project quality requirements.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project in full compliance with all the requirements of the Worley Project Management Process (WPMP) and General Management System (EMS) using consistent approaches, Work Breakdown Structures, work methodologies and reporting systems
- Ensure best practice, continuous improvement initiatives and lessons learnt are commonly shared amongst project and engineering personnel.
- Implement lessons learned system
- Manage the planning of all scope elements of the project.
- Develop resource & financial requirements from the project plan.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule
- Project Manager ownership of the project schedule
- Routine monitoring of the key reports and development of corrective action plans.
- Timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
- Provide clear and focussed leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision.
- Define roles and responsibilities of all project team members.
- Focus team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listen to the team, discuss the issues, resolve problems and direct activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements
- Effective communications with the Project team.
- Documented communication requirements.
- Accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to WorleyParsons management.
- Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introduction of ch ange s where required.
- Direct the planning and preparation of accurate project estimates.
- Establish cost reports for control of projects.
- Monitoring and control of all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities
- Assess the performance of cost control system & personnel.
- Effective handover from Business Development Group
- Clear definition of scope
- Compliance with requirements of the contract
- Effective ch ange control process application
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Effectively manages project interfaces, in conjunction with the Project Manager(s), including the use of High-Value Engineering centers.
- Ensure that a clear objective is set for the design team.
- Assess the design activities and ensure a 'fit for purpose' design of the plant
- Monitor design activities, interdisciplinary data flow, and communications.
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Monitor closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Maintain the risk management focus throughout the project duration.
- Ensure that clear objective set for the procurement and subcontracts team.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specifications, are delivered on time, and are within budget.
Construction Management (if applicable):
- Set clear objectives for the Construction team.
- Monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in delivering the large projects.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules, and cost.
- Effectively manages and resolves the conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Proactive, goal-oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems, and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions, and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training Required:
- A recognized graduate or master degree in engineering or technology.
Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
Eligible for Certified Practicing Project Director (CPPD) certification or equivalent
Approximately, 20 years minimum industry experience (primarily oil & gas, industrial infrastructure, brownfield & greenfield)
Extensive technical, practical and commercial experience including proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities and substantial experience and proven track record in managing projects. Experience in managing a medium to large projects and a team of a medium size of project engineers, demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment, excellent leadership and communication skills and demonstrable experience in reporting and performance.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.