Job description / Role
Title: Project Engineer
Functional Report: Projects Manager
- Management, control, coordination and supervision services as well as assistance for the assigned project inclusive of budget formulation, cost control and quality assurance.
- Management of support services for supervising and directing engineering, procurement and management of construction contractors appointed by the Client.
- Management of services for Oil & Gas production activities including start-up and initial operations assistance as well as operational personnel and systems as required by the Client.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects such as FEED (front end engineering design) studies and preparation, ITB (invitation to bid) check estimate preparation, LSTK (lump sum turnkey) tender package preparation are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Maintains HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
- Maintains and builds healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolves performance, scope, and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identifies, documents, communicates, and meets the client's requirements
- Effectively manages assigned budgets within KBR's total scope.
- Compliance with KBR Project Management Plan
- Compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Effective change control process application.
- Achievement of claims mitigation and claims management if appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of overall project schedule.
- Supervises work in accordance with the approved schedule
- Monitors cost aspects of the project within direct control to forecast final costs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contributes to compliance with KBR policies and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of KBR engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Regularly provides clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Projects Manager and the Client Team Leader.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Sets clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensures design team aware of, and complies with, applicable regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Assesses procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- B. Sc. Eng from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years post graduation total experience
- 8 years minimum experience post qualification in Oil & Gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects
- 5 years of minimum experience in related designation / specialty.
- Must have proven track record of managing and leading teams for large sized projects in the Oil & Gas industry, particularly in the heavy oil production
- Must have demonstrated ability of effective functioning in a multi-cultural environment, preferably in the Middle East.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.