Project Engineering Manager
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Responsible for the engineering administrative function, directing and consulting several groups engaged in interrelated engineering responsibilities.
- Plan and manage the execution of the multi-discipline FEED/Conceptual Design Studies in both local and affiliated international offices.
- Preparation and administration of design budgets, estimates, forecasts, and schedules.
- Recruitment and Development of a technically competent, cohesive, and functional engineering team.
- Coordinate and administer necessary training programs for National Trainees
- Be responsible for the timeliness and technical correctness of all works performed by the Engineering Team
- Technical Integrity - take responsibility for the technical integrity of the team, addressing working methods, tools, quality assurance, peer reviews, communication with team members on other projects.
- Manage value improvement processes
- Manage third party consultants/specialists
- Ensure all design engineering activities meet or exceed engineering standards about quality, cost, safety and performance
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system including utilizing the corporate Project Management systems
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and adherence to safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Qualification(s) Requirement :
- The ideal candidate will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 15 (Fifteen) years of total minimum experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 [Ten] years industry relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum experience of 5 [Five] years in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- Track record of managing multi projects and multi-discipline design teams
- High level of understanding of management of interfaces across multi-functional Company and Client groups
- Well-developed man management and client management skills.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.