Project Plant Manager
A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Project Plant Manager will be a central point of coordination for a fleet of construction equipment and material processing plants for a large contactor on a megacity development in the south of Kuwait. To be effective, the Project Plant Manager will ensure that plant sent to site is in good operating order with competent operators and that the workshop have all the information they need to prioritise their works and anticipate workload.
There are over 900 items of civil construction plant, including but not limited to excavators, loaders, dozers, roller compactors, trucks & dumpers, cranes, skid steers, backhoes, et. al.
• Drive a culture of plant ownership, optimisation and productivity
• Assess operator proficiencies and implement assessment, monitoring and training systems
• Assess plant performance and develop plant replacement strategies
• Ensure plant condition / handover reports are correctly executed by the operators and that critical information is transferred to the workshop
• Lead the procurement of new plant and attachments and the sale of used equipment
• Agree maintenance plans and priorities with the workshop manager
• Build relationships with OEM’s, local agents and hire companies
• Oversee the development of, and present, plant reports - cost vs. earnings, performance / productivity assessments, breakdown/lost time, etc.
• Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in a civil construction environment
• An early career involving plant operation with later supervisor experience is considered a distinct advantage
• Strong communication and organisation skills and an ability to drive change
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of products, particularly excel
• English language skills essential (verbal & written), basic Hindi or Filipino
• A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.