Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- This position is permanently assigned to the projects with a proven track record of the initiation of meaningful project control in a multi projects environment.
The responsibilities of this position revolve around:
- Manpower planning
- Cost estimating
- Project Management Plan preparation
- Client financial approvals documentation
- Cost control engineering
- Project scheduling
- Change management
- Corporate and Client cost and schedule progress reporting.
- Managing the document control system
- Risk management reviews
- You are expected to assure provision of full project controls such as planning/scheduling, estimation, cost control services for the assigned projects
- You will be required to prepare and issue a comprehensive Monthly Project Progress Report with requisite analysis of status.
- You will be responsible for the provision of reports required under the contract
- You are required to ensure that the assigned projects are executed per the approved PMP's with respect to man-hours, cost, and quality, scope of work and time schedule
- You will be tasked with identifying areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned projects and recommending the corrective action wherever required.
- You will be responsible for identification and recruitment of project controls personnel
- Implementation of suitable systems, processes, tools, and procedures.
- You are responsible for sourcing, development and mentoring of project controls specialists.
- You will hold custodianship of project controls systems, processes and tools.
- You are responsible for reviewing, auditing and improving project controls activities on specific projects
- You will be required to demonstrate the project controls capability in the areas of cost control and scheduling to existing and potential clients (business development)
- You are expected to be directly involved in execution of key projects which includes Proposal preparation, Team coaching & sponsorship
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Eighteen (18) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates
- You must have work experience within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries.
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference.
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management .
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.