A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The QA/QC Manager will ensure that the company’s QA/QC policies and procedures are implemented across all operations on a large, multi-faceted urban city development in the south of Kuwait. The role is primarily, but not solely, a contractor role.
The QA/QC Manager will improve and expand the current QA systems so they can be adopted across multiple significantly sized projects running in parallel. This will require uniform systems and processes across the organisation with construction teams that a) understand their obligations, b) have sufficient resources and systems to meet their obligations and c) execute their obligations to completion.
The company has a 20+ year history, and ongoing culture, of constructing high quality work in the fields of bulk earthworks, marine works, roads & utility networks, bridges and treatment plants. We are now in an expansionary phase with a secured work order projected to extend 15+ years.
The QA/QC Manager will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. The QA/QC Manager will report directly to the Director – Infrastructure & Contract Management.
• Take lead responsibility for ensuring all project teams adhere to the company’s quality control procedures
• Drive a quality culture built around ownership, diligence and continual improvement
• Work closely with other senior management to continually improve the Quality Management Plan and systems
• Monitor and report on quality issues across the various construction projects – reporting on NCRs/risks and mitigating actions/lessons learnt outcomes/resources, etc.
• Provide guidance, diligence, consistency, and disciplinary actions to all teams in order to ensure all quality objectives and targets are met
• Train and mentor team members on quality system requirements
• Achieve consistency in Quality Controls and processes across the various construction projects
• Develop and maintain an annual activity plan focussing on compliance (e.g. calibration, internal audits, identification and close-out of audit action items).
• Where external consultants and subcontractors are appointed, approve their quality plans and randomly perform audits assessing compliance with these plans
• Have full oversight of the Quality System, managing deviations, incidents & investigations, as well as continuous improvement.
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in a civil construction environment
• Degree in a relevant field is preferred
• Strong Communications skills and able to drive change
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail skills
• Experience with ISO Certification an advantage
• English language skills (Verbal & Written) essential, Arabic Language skills preferred
• A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||3 Nov|
QA/QC Manager - Pipeline - O&G
|Saudi Arabia||8 Sep|
QS Quest Global Markets Ltd.
|Saudi Arabia||7 Nov|