Job description / Role
Job Title: QS BIM Manager
Job Location: Kuwait
Reporting to: Head of Section - Quantity Surveying
In addition to general QS duties, to manage the extraction of data from BIM models into cost plans and tender documents, including training and mentoring quantity surveyors in extraction of data from BIM models and establishment of associated QA/QC procedures.
DETAILED ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards, applicable laws and regulations; assist the HoS in establishing/updating section policies and procedures.
• Support the HoS in providing inputs to the proposals department during submission of proposals.
• Develop a thorough understanding of owner/client design requirements prior to the commencement of any project; coordinate with the HoS and other architects and engineers for further clarifications on design requirements, particularly QS requirements for data extraction from the model.
• Support the design department in the preparation of final design through providing regular inputs on materials, costs, BIM data extraction requirements etc.
• Prepare tender documents including the bill of quantities, specifications, contract conditions.
• Attend to the client’s feedback on tender documents and incorporate the client’s feedback
• Attend meetings with the client, including both pre-tender and post-tender meetings.
• Prepare and review the Tender Evaluation Report.
• Review outgoing documents (tender/contract) in accordance with ISO 9001 and standards.
• Monitor the project progress/target and ensure completion of projects as planned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
• Preferred RICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
• 10+ years of experience in the construction industry with at least 5+ years in Quantity Surveying
• Proven track record in managing extraction of data from BIM models for use by quantity surveyors.
• Knowledge of laws and local regulatory framework.
• Knowledge of relevant software that including Revit, CostX (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of relevant standards including Uniformat and RICS NRM.
• Team player.
• Time management skills.
• Effective coordination skills
• Mentoring skills.
• Communication and interpersonal effectiveness.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.