Job description / Role
The purpose of this position is to oversee the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Assist with development of Company HSE standards and goals
• Develop materials for HSE training, programs and processes
• Provide guidance for the implementation of HSE departmental functions in regard to auditing, training, incident investigation, software, tools, Company HSE policies, procedures, and methods designed to drive the Company’s HSE culture and meet the Company’s HSE standards and goals through an expert knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs, and goals
• Lead teams of HSE professionals, including globally diverse teams when involved in projects
• Manage the overall direction and coordination of the HSE function on Total Installed Cost (TIC) large, complex projects by identifying and approving HSE project plans and contractor pre-qualifications and their effect on contractual agreements, schedules, activities, and milestones
• Liaise as necessary between the Company, client, insurance carriers and regulatory agencies in order to provide assistance and resolution in regard to audits, remedial actions and other HSE related issues
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements:
• Engineering Degree
• Fifteen (15) years total minimum experience
• Ten (10) years total minimum experience in Oil & Gas , Refinery, Petrochemical Industry
• Five (5) years minimum experience in related designation/specialty
• Shall have practical experience in Managing HSE and QA/QC in projects.
• Conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations and norms.
• Experienced in Plant and Vendor Inspections of all types of Mechanical equipment required in Oil & Gas installations.
• Conversant with NDE requirements and sour services.
• Must be experienced in managing HSE and QA/QC discipline engineers.
• Experiences with implementing ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to Oil & Gas Industry.
• Experience in the middle east is an advantage
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Successful completion of less complex or smaller projects
• Demonstrate high level of interpretive thinking and mature judgment
• Skills demonstrating the capability to run the HSE function on a medium to large project
• Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets, electronic presentations and databases
• Effectively demonstrate high critical thinking/reasoning ability
• Effective presentation skills including public speaking
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
About the Company
Fluor Corporation is one of the world's largest, publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance services companies. Over the past century, Fluor, through its operating subsidiaries, has become a trusted global business leader by providing exceptional expertise and technical knowledge across every phase of a project. Clients rely on Fluor to deliver world-class solutions that optimize their assets, improve their competitive position, and increase their long-term business success.