Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Quality Control Inspector - Heavy Equipment
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs inspections on different classifications of wheeled vehicles/equipment at the unit and DS/GS levels.
- Conducts initial inspections upon delivery of equipment and records data information for the processing of maintenance work orders; troubleshoots identified faults and in-process inspections as required during their pair phase.
- Conducts a final inspection upon completion of maintenance repairs to ensure quality product outputs are met.
- Prepares records of inspection/tests and make them available to the QA/QC Department.
- Verifies procedures being used are adequate for the effective control of quality, rejects defective workmanship and materials, verifies and certifies the test results on supporting documents.
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to shop maintenance personnel on inspection principles of workmanship, procedures to be employed, and quality of work expected.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate regulations, company SOPs, directives, and technical manuals to establish and maintain a quality management program.
- Maintains crosstalk with QA and LAR representatives.
- Coordinates with Shop Supervisor when technical problems arise, and in-depth mechanical knowledge is required.
- Cross trains when required to ensure maximum flexibility and possession of technical skills in the development and maintenance of quality programs. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of wheeled vehicle maintenance experience required.
- 2 or more years of quality control/inspection experience required.
- Must have knowledge of diagnostic tools and forms used at the unit and DS/GS level.
- Must be able to read and understand communications and electronic equipment
- Must have thorough knowledge of military technical publications.
*T1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens
- Must have a collaborative work style that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and must be customer service focused.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Work Environment, Physical Demands and Mental Demands:
Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.