Quantity Surveyor / Cost Engineer
A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Quantity Surveyor will join our team managing costs across several Projects for a large civil engineering contractor delivering a mega city project in the south of Kuwait
Our Quantity Surveyors will be required to undertake the full range of a Project’s cost control processes which includes first principles estimating, drafting of FIDIC contracts, subcontractor and supplier procurement, progress valuations, assessment of claims and earned value reporting.
The ideal candidate will have civil infrastructure experience with some exposure to buildings and MEP works.
The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Cost Controls Manager.
- Perform Quantity Take-offs
- Prepare Tender Enquiries
- Undertake Tender Analysis
- Issue Purchase Orders & Supply Agreements
- Arrange Letter of Credits
- Assess & Process Payment Requests
Contractors, Subcontractors & Consultants
- Draft Contracts
- Issue Tenders & Tender Clarifications
- Analyse Tenders and Award Contracts
- Perform Progress Valuations & Process Payment Requests
- Analyse Claims and Negotiate
- Draft Taking Over and Performance Certificates
- Appoint Third Party Inspection Services
- Prepare Budgets
- Value Engineer designs
- Allocate cost heads for each Project
- Undertake Cost Value Reconciliations & Forecast Costs to Complete
- Assess Stores Inventories and Track Asset Costs
- Track Insurance validity
- Monitor status of Bonds & Securities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Min. 6 years’ contracting experience within the civil infrastructure and/or building sector (experience with MEP contracts will be beneficial)
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) essential, Arabic desirable.
- Working knowledge of Construction Contracts (FIDIC experience an advantage)
- Developed understanding of the differing Methods of Measurement.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft suite, AutoCAD and Construction Accounting Software)
- Independent, self-motivated and be able to perform tasks with attention to detail
- A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is preferred.
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Combined Group Contracting Company (CGC)
|Abu Dhabi||19 Sep|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||16 Sep|