Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Real Property Specialist
The Community Planner/Real Property evaluates and recommends programs and development plans for new construction, renovation, and improvements of real property facilities, including utility systems. Will also coordinate and oversees the day to day operations, maintenance, personnel, and services at assigned location ensuring quality to the customer.
- Collaborate with various base agencies to apply principles of master planning and site planning of a wide variety of facilities. Work closely with the Base Engineer, and other mission commanders and clients to ensure plans are acceptable.
- Manages basic support services and accompanying labor force for assigned location.
- Ensure that all requirements are met as defined in the Performance Work Statement.
- Conduct site/facility surveys to gather preliminary information and validate requirements. Work with customer and design engineers in developing and gaining approval for proposed facility programs/projects. Determine the validity, feasibility, achievability, and efficiency of a proposed project based on constraints in scheduling, cost, manpower, etc. Develop and brief presentations of program items to the installation facility board and higher reviewing activities.
- Ensure that the facilities and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities. Comply with health, safety, and environmental rules, laws, codes, guidelines, criteria, and standards in the programming, design and construction of real property facilities.
- Prepare facility transfer support documents, such as forms and memos, for the transfer of facilities; provide documents to leadership within schedule, meeting response deadlines.
- Maintain effective working relationships with military leadership, contractors, civilians and local nationals, communicating both verbally and in writing to key personnel.
- Coordinate document reproduction and distribution to customers, job sites, and vendors.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- May be required to travel
- Three (3) years of experience in Community Planning and Real Property experience, with DoD experience preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to follow spoken instructions
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees, managers and customers.
- Knowledge of various computer programs required (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Exercise good judgment, ability to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently with good decision making skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of and ability to regularly utilize AutoCAD 2010 or later.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.