Job description / Role
The Receptionist is responsible for all front office operations such as handling company incoming and outgoing telephone calls, dispatching of mail, couriers and time sheets. The Receptionist is the single point of contact for all messages and information.
Administrative and Clerical Tasks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages
- Provide information about establishment such as location and working hours of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- File and maintain guest book -Receive, sort, and route mail, and with courier and deliveries
- Manage the mail room by allocating mail space for each department/company
- Assist staff and keep a track of the international calls and faxes to enable the accounts department to debit the amount to the personnel
- Notify HR department of employees arriving to work late and absentees
- Be aware of the location of staff i.e. out of the office in a meeting, on leave, sick etc.
- Arrange for public transportation if requested by guests
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings and/or training by placing signage and replenishing supplies
- Maintain up-to-date telephone lists
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Flexibility to assignments
- Listening,understanding & Responding
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Respecting deadlines
- Attention to details
- Overall Contribution
- Quantity of Work
- Quality of Work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.