Job description / Role
The Receptionist & Office Assistant will act as the first point of contact for visitors and will be responsible for providing office and administrative duties for the Depot facility in an effective and efficient manner.
The Receptionist & Office Assistant will have to manage a number of requests and projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of employees, visitors and customers within tight deadlines.
The Receptionist & Office Assistant may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organisational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image
- Greeting and welcoming visitors and suppliers to the offices. Ensuring they sign in and out of the visitors book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Being responsible for ensuring that the visitors book and staff movement sheets are removed from reception and taken to the outside meeting point in the event of an emergency
- Checking and signing for deliveries and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival
- Receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members direct line
- Reporting telephone equipment and line faults to the IT Manager and the Line Manager
- Reviewing and updating on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists. Advising all staff accordingly
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate administrative systems to support the work of the office
- Creating and maintaining filing systems and records. Ensuring they are accurate and up to date
- Managing meeting room bookings and resolving conflict when it arises
- Sorting and distributing of incoming post and courier documents
- Ordering and maintaining stock levels for general consumables and office stationary
- Arranging hotel and flight bookings for management, staff and visitors when required. Arranging business visas where necessary
- Acting as the HR key liaison between the Kuwait depot and the Regional Human Resources team
- Maintaining the employee visa tracker and coordinating timely visa renewals
- Ensuring employee absences and sickness into the HR Information System. Monitoring employee attendance reports as required
- Submitting employee expense claims
- Working with the Logistics Coordinator to coordinate the machine shipments from other GCC regions to Kuwait. Supporting with all associated shipping documentation such as invoices and Bill of Lading
- Managing the petty cash float
- Coordinating supplier payment requests
- Compiling and cross-checking employees telephone bills for management approval
- Preparing LPOs (Local Purchase Order) and sorting invoices for payment
- Working with the Credit Control team to handle customer debit notes and preparing credit notes after checking for discrepancies and validity
KWD 350 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Educated to High School standard
- Strong English written and verbal language skills
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an administration and receptionist role in the GCC
- Previous experience of calendar booking and management
- Previous experience of using a switchboard with experience of using of office equipment such as photocopiers
- Previous experience of office supply management and ordering
- Proficient in computer systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail systems
- Excellent telephone manner
- Efficient and organised approach to work with the ability to multi-task
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience of working in a multinational company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Efficient and organised approach to work with the ability to multitask
- Smart and professional appearance
- Ability to work to a high standard whilst under pressure
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.