Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to hire Reliability Manager in Kuwait.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of plant assets. Guides efforts to ensure reliability/availability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems. Responsible for promoting the maintenance processes, ensuring application of maintenance procedures, methods, and RCM best practices. Develop and ensure full utilization of CCMS. Ensure planning and scheduling of maintenance operations, looking for the optimum use of resources, equipment availability, and maintenance cost.
Provide detail DTR & through the Reliability Committee, drive cross functional analysis of incidents and maintenance performance, implementing the action plans to improve both reliability and maintenance practices.
Assist the maintenance manager to prepare the maintenance budget and perform monthly gap analysis (actual vs. budget).
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations.
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Maintain & update the preventative maintenance program.
• Follow and measure Equipment condition, analyze trends, and identify the needs for maintenance (from Mechanical/electrical/ mobile/instrumentation equipment and civil works), taking into account production constraints
• Ensure the utilisation of feedback from inspection is the driver for maintenance operations.
• Define the detailed methodology and the required resources, skills coordination and supervision for carrying out all the jobs according to priorities.
• Prepare time and number of required people estimates for work orders and generic job plans to help optimizing resources allocation.
• Prepares work Orders for the mechanical department & Draw up the technical specifications for the purchase of non-stocked items.
• Prepares tools, materials, and equipment which are necessary in the execution of preventive maintenance and small projects.
• Prepares work schedules and shifting schedule of mechanical Technicians.
• Update the accomplished Work Request/Work Order using the CMMS (Maximo)
• Close coordination/communication with other departments in order to facilitate the mechanical repair and preventive maintenance job.
• Monitor the maintenance and repair based on history records and update records
• Prepares and submits the necessary reports as required by Maintenance Manager and other reports as identified in the company's systems and procedures.
• Ensures the proper filing of maintenance records.
• Prepare the material take off indicating the equipment's specification, scope of work and scope of supply.
• Prepare necessary drawings. And request the necessary spare parts to Purchasing or Stores
• Prepare MS project schedules.
• Conduct meetings with contractors for project orientation, safety, project schedule, and accomplishment.
• Prepare annual preventative maintenance schedule for major equipment in the plant.
• Plan and Schedule and prepare major shutdowns ensuring co-ordination with all departments.
• With the assistance of the head of mechanical / electrical departments, schedule and prepare weekly mechanical and electrical maintenance programs.
• Manage maintenance backlog.
• Ensure good working conditions and safety for maintenance operations.
• Collect and handle all the work requests and check for accuracy of technical information.
• Ensure quality of technical specifications for spares and sub-contracted work through the Planning Engineers.
• Keep library updated and ensure equipment documentation is permanently updated "as built".
• Develop and ensure the utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
• Look for the best optimization of maintenance operations according to the availability of equipment and workforce.
• Facilitate and drive inter-department relationships to ensure an integrated approach to planned work activities.
• Preparation of the budget (on-going and major operations) ensuring technical justification for major maintenance operations.
• Analyze and propose solutions on reliability and safety issues, within the framework of the Reliability Committee.
• Participate in the Plant Improvement Program (PIP).
• Ensure the best optimization of maintenance operations relevant to the availability of equipment and maintenance resources.
• Take leading role in the implementation and utilization of Root Cause Analyses Techniques
• Assist Maintenance Manager to analyze and propose solutions on recurring problems of equipment reliability or problems concerning safety and work conditions, within the framework of the Reliability Committee.
• CRITICAL INVENTORY OPTIMIZATION
• Identify pro-active work to preserve condition of critical spares
• Making plans to ensure the right critical spares
ASSISTANCE OF THE MAINTENANCE MANAGER:
• Propose to the Maintenance Manager the plant failure reduction strategy to be included in the Maintenance & Reliability Business Plan
• Assist the Maintenance Manager with the preparation of the budget.
• Perform monthly gap analysis of maintenance budget and performance indicators.
• Manage team, define the missions and objectives, carry out performance reviews, and promote quality of work. Motivate, facilitate, communicate, and build relationships within the team.
• Ensure utilities are maintained to a high standard.
• Coordinate maintenance and availability of mobile equipment (e.g Bricking Equipment, Cranes)
Experience & Qualifications:
• Engineering Degree - Mechanical or Electrical,
• Safety - NEBOSH and/or IOSH certificate
• Vibration Instituted - Vibration Analysis Level 4
• BSc Mechanical Engineering from reputed institute
Knowledge and specific Experience:
• 9+ years' experience in Reliability Maintenance
• Broad experience in the cement industry. Knowledge and experience of maintenance methods, tools and systems.
• Experienced in working within an Inspection Driven Maintenance Strategy. Working knowledge of Maintenance Management System
• Modern inspection techniques (NDT, Laser Alignement, CBM, TPM, RCM,TBM) Maintenance Management soft wares: CMMS (Maximo), DTR, Vibration Analysis, condition monitoring trends etc.
• Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infra-Red, Ultra Sound, and Motor Circuit Evaluation
• Best practices: Maintenance budget, Maintenance inspections, & job plans.
• Conversant with and able to facilitate multiple RCFA processes
• Conversant with FMEA and able to facilitate RCM process
• Nondestructive tests (NDT) methods, PPM guidelines.
• MS Project
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Maintenance Engineer, Supervisor