Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Offers the opportunity for an experienced, technically skilled ARMO technician for the Drilling Services business in Al Ahmadi, Kuwait.
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
- Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Provide technical support to other groups and co-workers.
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence.
- Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field.
- Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices.
- Basic level of analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
- 3+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum 3 years' relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive, electronic) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices. Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices. Proficient in the use of multi meters, meg ohm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments.
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Bilingual proficiency preferred.
- Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.