Job description / Role
Retail Area Sales Supervisor - L'Occitane
Are you a dynamic Retail Leader passionate about Beauty and willing to live and work in Kuwait? Do you know how to get the best out of a team? Can you positively impact the business combining your ideas and deep knowledge of Beauty Industry? Can you share with us your achievements of increasing sales numbers and growing your team? Then here’s a business you can lead and grow with L’Occitane in Kuwait.
Through inspiring and engaging teams, you’ll help to deliver the business plan, maintain and enhance VM standards, improve sales performance, while at the same time ensuring that our guest experience is world leading. That means recruiting smart switched-on people, then offering coaching and development so they are skilled at leading their own teams.
In this very challenging and dynamic job you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the operations of the brand; supervising sales targets,
- Ensuring marketing activities and VM initiatives are properly conducted.
- Setting targets, ensuring the right standards are implemented across the sale points keeping in line with the Group expectations.
Key Areas of focus:
- Follow all relevant Retail policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Know and inform of the brands’ strategy and promote the brand within the given countries
- In conjunction with Marketing, ensure the full implementation of the “appropriate” (well-suited and well timed) and agreed upon marketing strategies and programs
- Work together with the Merchandise team to forecast existing lines, novelties and promotional items
- Implement Brand guidelines taking in consideration each market specifications
- Agree on a yearly calendar of sales with commercial team
- Control discount and margins to insure constant business profitability
- Follow up periodically on the sales figures per line and stock at hand (Sell-Out)
- Manage potential shortages, review orders and inform merchandising team on the status
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitors’ activities
- Provide the Department/Division Manager with quantitative and qualitative reports using data from market studies and in-house systems
- Manage the P&L for the brand at hand
- Monitor the performance of the brand and send recommendation
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- Monitor team members’ performance and provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize efficiency
We are looking for people with 10+ years on work experience in a Retail Beauty environment, at least 5 of these will be in a Retail Manager role leading multiple stores and diverse teams. It is mandatory that candidates have been successful in managing P&L and developing stores teams.
We Can Offer You
- The chance to live and work in a dynamic regional retail hub
- The opportunity to be part of the success of our leading brand brand
- Staff discounts at all participating Chalhoub partner brands
- Amazing opportunities to develop and grow
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.