Job description / Role
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for establishing customer relationships through personalized services, achieving sales targets / receivables, managing stock. He/ she is also responsible to build, train, supervise and motivate a team of front-liners.
- Build and maintain customer relationships in order to build strong loyalty
- Communicate with customers to assess their needs, provide assistance in satisfying those needs and meeting or surpassing customer’s expectations
- Address customers' queries about products, prices, availability, product uses, and services
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories and customer data base, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Introduce the company’s profile and communicate the selection of products available
- Provide market feedback to the Sales Manager regarding movement of goods / brands. Sales Focus
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that the sales targets are met
- Supervise the sales process by following up on orders, deliveries (and collections)
- Ensure that payment and collection of receivables is done in a timely and diplomatic fashion
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager on the budget requirements and limits
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business. Stock Replenishment
- Ensure in store stock replenishment in the appropriate shelves/counters, at appropriate times
- Oversee the ordering and replenishment of all goods to avoid running out of stock and process orders if necessary
- Maintain a running inventory. Merchandising
- Ensure merchandising guidelines have been met for all brands
- Implementing on the field launches / animations in line with Brand Managers. Man Management
- Understand and communicate the organization’s priorities to ensure team’s alignment with Group’s objectives
- Supervise assigned personnel (e.g. screening, interviewing, recommending, training, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring that department outcomes are achieved
- Oversee workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements
- Ensure proper induction of new employees
- Responsible for conducting periodic performance appraisal to all assigned staff, and for growth, development, engagement and motivation, coaching and guiding of the department’s employees.
- Monitor front-liners attendance, leave and vacations
- Commission calculation and timely submission to H.R. Previous Experience
- 4-5 years in Sales / Customer service
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Brand's Principals Management
- Overall Contribution
- Selling & Influence
- Financial Awareness & Commercial Acumen
- Quantity of Work
- Business Planning
- Quality of Work
- Guest Experience Focus
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.