Job description / Role
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching across all key stages
• Teach consistently high quality lessons
• Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of the KS3, 4 and 5
• Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Science
• To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for SIMs, registers
• To complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
• Set expectations for staff and students in relation to standards of achievement and the quality of learning & teaching
• Prioritise and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with the role
• To follow the school policies and procedures
• To ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
• Follow schemes of work for Science at all Key stages
• Promote aspects of Personal Development related to Science
• Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Science.
• Promote Science learning through out of hours activities.
• Ensuring a high quality learning environment within the Science area
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree of Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science
• Minimum 2 years experience as Science Teacher
• Must have experience of teaching in a US/British school (in the USA or UK)
• Native English speaker
• Knowledge of US Common Core Curriculum Standards
• Ideally have a good understanding of the English/US Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Capable of establishing positive and productive working relationships with teachers and students
About the Company
Education 1st was first established with an aim to provide exceptional teaching staff in schools. The company was founded by the CEO, Zen Kahn, a committed educationalist in both the UK and Middle East, working as a Senior Leader in schools, she identified the need to set up a professional and personalised educational recruitment company which aims specifically at providing ambitious teachers and leaders to the right type of school.
Education has changed over time and schools are of differing types, sizes and have their own organisational culture which identifies their core purposes, any candidate applying for a school must have the appropriate skills set, personality and attributes for that particular type of school. This idea will alleviate the transient nature of staffing, improve staff morale, help provide a better sustainable school improvement and ultimately improve the level of education of students in the schools that we work with.
Education 1st operates from a number of countries, our consultants in the UK, USA, Canada, UAE and Australia will work closely with candidates with an aim to support them during their application process. Having our team strategically placed in countries where most of our candidates will be sourced allows us to ensure we understand the calibre of our candidates, we are then able to provide specialist advice to ensure they are recommended to the school which requires such a candidate. Our passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients' makes us a cut above.