Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Section Engineer - Scheduler to join the construction supervision team for a major highway upgrade project in Kuwait.
The key objectives of the role are to:
• Ensure proactive project planning, stakeholder and risk management throughout the project.
• Regularly review resource usage against the schedule and recommend corrective action where required.
• Create and review of baselines, recovery and monthly updated programmes.
• Review Project Managers/resident engineer’s weekly reports
• Follow up issue’s impacting the projects schedule
• Maintain a data base of projects progress
• Monitor and analyze progress & efficiency of the project and report to the RE and other team members as necessary.
• Ensure extra works (RFA’s) are incorporated in programmes and update & maintain the RFA logs
• Review and manage contractor’s work program.
• Review Progress of Work and prepare progress reports
• Help establish the Document Control System (DCS) and supervise the logging in of all documents.
• Follow up on all submittals to ensure that they are reviewed and replied to in timely manner.
• Follow up on other ministries approvals
• Prepare monthly progress reports
• Prepare health and safety reports
• Assist in establishing the project quality plan and assist in enforcing it.
• Assist in reviewing critical shop drawings and contractor’s method statements
• Supervise AutoCAD Work
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• BEng /BSc (Hon) degree or equivalent and have at least 15 years post graduate experience in Planning or planning related functions
• Member of associated Professional body
• Experience working for contractors or project management companies and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Confident presenting to contractors
• Experienced in working on claims
• Proficient with Primavera P6, and Microsoft Project
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Planning & Cost Control Engineer
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 Apr|
Planning Manager (P-6 Expert)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||3 Mar|
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Sr. Project Controls Engineer - Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Section Engineer - Utilities