Job description / Role
Position : Senior Accountant
Department : Finance
Reporting :Finance Manager
Location : Kuwait City
Fetchr was founded in 2012 by Idriss Al Rifai with the aim of revolutionizing the traditional and antiquated logistics system in the MENA region. The company was formed with a vision to provide a solution to sending and receiving packages in emerging markets, making your cell phone your address.
Fetchr is a tech company disrupting the traditional logistics sector through the power of technology. Our mission is to empower all deliveries with technology. We are bringing the next generation of logistics to the Middle East and emerging markets as a whole. We are a team of digital natives with deep logistics expertise, backed by a strong management team and top investors from the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department's goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff's work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
- Proven experience as a accounting supervisor or senior accountant.
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Education & Qualification
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant or ACCA or CPA with at least 3 to 5 years of hands on accounting experience.
- A high paced environment in a leading start-up
- The opportunity to be part of building a great start-up and working the greatest talents in the region.
- Exponential growth based on performance.
About the Company
Founded in 2012, with a cloud technology platform and digital-only approach, Fetchr was born to disrupt the traditional supply chain model.
Fetchr understands what it takes to succeed in the rapidly changing digital world we operate in today.
That’s why our positioning, predictive and machine learning technologies are so uniquely equipped to meet the transport and shipping demands of the generations.
Agility, flexibility, reliability and service customization are part of the Fetchr DNA.
Joining the Fetchr logistics family ensures a seamless brand experience throughout the journey.