Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants. Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Preparation of monthly cash flow and other financial reports including budget and forecasting
• Oversee day to day Banking transactions including Credit facilities and other arrangements with bank.
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Performs any other work that may be assigned from time to time by the finance manager and office in charge.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Preparation of pay roll and other employee benefit payments
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages & Advanced MS Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• B.com degree in Accounting, Finance
• Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
About the Company
Bader Mohammed Al Mailam GTC was established in 1968, initially supplying and installing Fire Fighting & Fire Alarm Systems. In the 1990s, we expanded substantially, to be leaders in Fire Fighting & Security in Kuwait dealing in all types of Fire Fighting / Fire Alarm Systems / Plumbing, Security Systems / Safety Equipments and all other related Supplies Environmental Protection Equipments / Chemical and much more concerning your safety and welfare. Our activity covers everything from supply/ installation / commissioning and maintenance.
Bader Mohammed Al Mailam GTC has experienced over 40 years in operation and deals with many business trade affiliates worldwide. We have guaranteed products that meet the highest International code specifications and highest standards. We supply products to the U.S. Military, Kuwaiti Military, Kuwaiti Government and many other customers all over the world. Bader Al Mailam has earned an outstanding reputation of reliability, ingenuity and care for our customer’s well being. Professionalish and Efficiency are the two main aspects that have contributed to the success and development of our company.
General Ledger Accountant
Robert Half International (RHI)
National Marine Dredging Company
Senior Accountant (Certified)
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba