Job description / Role
* Working in the Central Logistics Planning Team maintaining and improving logistics planning activities. Contribute and improve central logistics data management and reporting and implement and improve processes to help the warehouse operations and brand customers perform better.
* Develop, Implement and maintain Logistics data bases and reports for better planning and logistics operation performances
* To support supply chain specialist to implement and enhance the forecasting process in line with the business needs, provide the team with brand forecast review and performance improvements and produce executive summaries to senior logistics and brand management.
* Flow Planning - To Plan and control inbound and outbound volumes for Logistics operations in line with different route to market configurations for different brands in Alshaya, considering cost, time and capacity.
* Following up with the brands with sufficient shipment information and develop a standard inbound and outbound planning process across warehouse operations
* Support to Logistics Project and Finance team by providing analytical support for space planning, warehouse migration and new builds and provide support to logistics finances team by developing and maintaining set of reports for the finances needs.
Education and experience required:
* Educated to university degree level in Science / Technology / Mathematics
* High performing analyst with minimum 5 years' experience of building, managing and reporting out of relational databases, Logistics and Supply Chain experience is a must.
* Minimum 2 years in a lead role is expected.
* Exposure to Big Data and Analytical platforms like Tableau is desirable.
* Highly PC literate and advanced in Microsoft Excel, Access, and SQL
* Knowledge of ETL Tools (SQL BI - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Data Analytics and Reporting tools (Tableau or similar) would be an advantage.
* Basic knowledge of VBA programming for Excel/Access is an advantage
* Basic knowledge of Software Development: Java / C#.Net / HTML / CSS is beneficial.
* Exposure to Amazon Web Services and Big Data is an advantage.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.