Job description / Role
We have an opening for the role of Sr. Business Analyst (HR) in Alshaya's IT division. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills as well as a knack for getting things done with in a complex multinational franchise-retail organization.
* Interpret, understand business drivers as stated in business cases or IT change requests - conceptualize into viable solutions
* As domain consultant, work closely with customers (business users, stakeholders) to extract requirement details, apply subject matter knowledge and domain experience to suggest better practices, convert requirement details to specifications
* Partner with technical analyst to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
* Be a scrum master, solutions architect, QA engineer, trainer, or change delivery manager as needed; demonstrate agile, lean, continuous improvement practices throughout work method; develop capabilities within domains of interest
* Partner with internal IT teams to ensure change delivery meets or exceeds customer satisfaction
* Partner externally (customer/ business) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, present solutions, evangelize better practices, time management, train users, set and manage delivery expectations
* Partner externally (vendor) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, collaborate in solution delivery, manage and report performance, ensure methodology compliance
* Develop and manage productivity of a team of 1-8 business analysts
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
* Good understanding of HR processes - Payroll, Recruitment Management, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, Performance Management, Learning Management, Time and Attendance Management and HR self-services like leave management, resignation etc.
* Working functional knowledge of Oracle HCM is a big plus
* Proven interpersonal skills; ability to work productively and professionally with any level of business stakeholders, technical analysts and 3rd party vendors
* Experience on large scale end-to-end IT implementations
* 4+ years of relevant experience
* Master's degree in Business Administration is preferred but not necessary with relevant experience.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.