Job description / Role
We are currently searching for a Senior Civil Site Engineer to join our Site Supervision team based in Kuwait.
The Senior Civil Site Engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs experience of working as a Site Engineer on a building project in the Middle East.
SSH is currently undergoing the supervision of a major project based in Kuwait. A Senior Civil Site Engineer is required to supervise the work of relevant mechanical contractors to ensure quality and that constructions/installations are in accordance with drawings, specifications and local regulations. Act as a focal point to the Client and to the Head of Department.
What Will You Be Doing?
• Check / Review Contractor's shop drawings for all structural works, including coordination with all the electrical, mechanical, specialist disciplines and architectural requirements of the project and with all the regulatory requirements.
• Implement the contract documents requirements, such as design drawings, specifications, Bill of Quantities, contract conditions, etc. on site.
• Review / check and recommend the correct completed progress percentages of all civil and structural activities to the client / CM for Contractor's Monthly Payment Applications.
• Check, review and approve all the civil and structural materials submittals, proposals, calculations and samples. Refer any complicated design issues to SSH design office for assistance in review.
• Inform Resident Engineer and Head of Structures immediately if any serious incident occurs which could affect the safety, stability, serviceability or durability of the structure, adjacent structures, (or temporary structures), whether in the short or long term. If appropriate, instruct emergency procedures to avoid accidental damage.
• Inspect the civil and structural materials delivered to the project site for compliance with approved materials data / samples. Ensure that testing of the materials is carried out in accordance with the project specifications and relevant codes/standards. Reject and ensure removal and replacement of non compliant materials.
• Check quality of civil and structural works to ensure compliance with the contract specification requirements, method statements and approvals.
• Issue JSIs, SWIs and NCRs as the case may be applicable.
• Review and approve the As Built drawings.
• Review and comment on contractors method statements, quality plans and safety plans.
• Carry out regular periodic inspections at the site to ensure that safety standards are being maintained (e.g. scaffolding, formwork, ladders, shoring, dewatering, etc.)
• Ensure that subordinates on the site are fulfilling their duties correctly with respect to the day to day supervision of the civil and structural works.
• Respond to contractor's RFI's related to civil/structural works. Coordinate with SSH design office if additional design information is required.
• Assist in preparation of snagging lists.
• Assist in preparation and issue of Taking Over and Final Completion Certificates for the building works.
What Skills Do You Need?
• Minimum 15 years of experience in site supervision projects.
• Minimum 7 Years working as a Sr. Civil Engineer
• Experience having worked with reputable Consultant Engineering Firms needed
• KSE Membership required
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.