Job description / Role
Senior Consultant / Assistant Manager, Forensics and Integrity Services, Kuwait
Whether facing acts of fraud, government investigations, regulatory enquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients turn to Forensic & Integrity Services for assistance. This practice provides proactive and reactive services to address organizations' risks related to fraud, bribery and corruption and is divided into the following primary practice areas: Fraud and Investigations, Dispute Services, Transaction Forensics and Technology & Discovery Services.
The team includes forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, anti-corruption professionals and money laundering and sanctions investigators. They work with our clients' legal counsel (internal or external), compliance and internal audit departments to investigate complex issues and address operational challenges. The business focuses on G360 clients in highly regulated industry sectors, including Financial Services, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications and Construction & Infrastructure.
A position has arisen for a consultant to join the business in Kuwait, supporting MENA wide projects. This is an ideal opportunity to move into the consulting space within Accounting and work on a diverse portfolio of projects, gaining exposure to a fast - paced market with evolving challenges and opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- In this role you will participate in engagements, working effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- You will also participate and assist in preparing for meetings with target management teams, assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Alongside this you will build strong internal relationships within the business and across other service lines as well as contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining professionals.
- Maintaining an educational program to continually develop personal skills is an expectation of EY employees as is the ability to understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record, including a bachelor's degree, or a partially or completed professional qualification, such as ACCA, CPA, CA, ICA, CFE or CAMS
- Forensic and/or compliance experience is a must (whether in industry or with an international audit firm)
- Working experience on engagements related to white collar crimes, fraud investigations, Corporate compliance and Ethics, forensic accounting and financial and economic damages analyses
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and related financial/ non-financial information
- Flexibility to travel to the MENA region for client engagements when required
Ideally you'll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region