Job description / Role
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration, through conceptualization, to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we've led with vision, contributing to many of the world's most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; and 44th largest global architecture firm.
We draw from the expertise from over 60 nations, bringing experience from every major market of the globe. With over 2,500 multidisciplinary professionals and staff, we are an international professional consulting services firm.
We are now seeking an exceptional Senior Cost Engineer to join our award winning team based within our Kuwait Office.
This critical role will be working as part of a highly focused and motivated team to establish the program management of a multibillion Kuwait City development program.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include:
* Reviewing, identifying and implementing improvements to the existing documentation produced in Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), Program Master Program Budget, Program Cashflow Forecast, and Contracting and Procurement Strategy.
* Liaising with a number of office and site based stakeholders to collect, monitor, review, analyze and update baseline information relating to the program's procurement, budget, expenditure, cost forecasts etc, and providing a number of monthly executive level program reports (dashboard and written).
* Ensuring that the cost tools are sufficiently developed to enable effective program monitoring.
* Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is being managed effectively.
* Providing the budget and cash flow data updates for the monthly program reports complete with an appropriate level of analysis and concise recommendations.
* Accurately reviewing multiple sources of stakeholder data and information to identify inconsistencies and points of ambiguity.
* Challenging the robustness and assumptions provided by third party sources (both internal and external) to ensure the project reporting is providing a true and accurate picture of the actual situation.
* Producing accurate and timely reports on all cost related matters.
* Helping standardise the cost engineering processes by developing to an appropriate level, cost policies, procedures and associated templates.
* Applying value management techniques (value engieering & lifecycle costing).
* Identifying cost risk and opportunities and proposing appropriate controls.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that you will bring a minimum of 15 years post-qualification cost management, quantity surveying, and/or estimating experience, with at least 5 years in a senior position partnered with a Bachelors degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction/Project Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
Professional membership from an internationally recognised body such as MRICS is desirable.
Bilingual communication skills in both English and Arabic are essential.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
Our generous remuneration packages are bespoke and provide a wide range of additional benefits to support both national and expatriate employees and their families. We take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities and invest in our people through our global learning, development and leadership programs.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.