Job description / Role
To do the conceptual and schematic design of various new and existing projects, ensuring quality of design is prioritized throughout the projects stages. Preparing concept designs and competition entries for new concepts for designs across sectors whilst ensuring adherence to deadlines, budgets, quality requirements and contract obligations in order to fulfill client requirements.
Detailed Roles And Responsibilities
• The opportunity will involve taking a leading role in the conceptual design of work across sectors and in all regions where we are active.
• Preparing concept and competition designs for projects at the early stages of design, ensuring all projects meet high standards for quality design, coordination and specification;
• Enhancing the design standard of the office for projects at all design stages through ongoing review and critique, mentoring staff and liaising with other in-house and external professions to develop the design information.
About the applicant
Your experience will have included
• Preparing concept designs for large-scale architectural design projects
• Delivering and managing complex projects and leading design teams.
• Reporting directly to client teams.
• Guiding and managing the work of multi-disciplinary teams including in-house and external concept design teams along with external sub-consultants.
• Providing line management, training and mentoring of other staff.
• Delivering and managing design quality reviews of projects at all stages of the design process.
We’re looking for the applicant to
• Develop positive relationships with clients, stakeholders and international collaborators.
• Be comfortable working as part of an in-house multi-disciplinary team.
• Be confident and enterprising, and have good organisation skills to manage project workloads.
• Have a passion for design, sustainability and architectural place making.
• Have strong IT skills across a wide range of architectural software packages which includes but are not limited to; AutoCAD, Revit, Form-It, Grasshopper, Rhino, 3d Max, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
• Have excellent spoken and written English language communication – good Arabic skills are also an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate will undertake duties such as those mentioned above and in addition will perform such other tasks as are necessary to properly meet the requirements of this senior position. The successful candidate will also perform, observe and conform to such duties, directions and instructions that may be assigned or communicated by the management from time to time.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.