Job description / Role
VAC7937 - Senior Director Digital
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The Senior Director is responsible for:
• Achieving the Revenue target as per the P&L for Digital Channels, Devices and Content services
• Identifying strategic new commercial opportunities and driving revenue growth and expanding the scope of Ooredoo revenue streams.
• Creating long term innovation strategies that will build the organization revenue
• Managing strategic partners for content, devices and digital channels (Banks, Google, Apple, Amazon, Netflix Etc.)
• Implementing the Digital Transformation Strategy
Key Accountabilities and Activities
• Responsible for the Digital Channels Profit & Loss (P&L).
• Responsible for the management of the quantitative side of product management.
• Measure the performance of the investment, fulfilment, service and sales on the digital channels.
• Care Interaction Conversion To Digital Channels
• In Store Payment Traffic Conversion to Digital Channels
• Informative Call Type Conversion To Digital Channels (FAQ/Interactive Help
• Complaint Resolution Via Digital Channels
• Boost New Connection Sales via App
• Boost Postpaid Renewals Via Digital Channels
• Boost Digital Channel Transactions
• Boost Accessories & Device Sales via App
• Boost Digital Customer Retention (MAU)
• Boost Digital Channel User Base
• Increase Direct Debit Enrolment
• Increase Cash Payment in SSM
• Continuously enhance the Digital Customer Journey
• Enhance Digital Channels UX/UI
• Drive changes based on insights and feedback from customers
• Implement up to date new digital UI elements into digital channels
• Lead in adopting new technologies in Ooredoo digital channels
Digital Customer Engagement
• Responsible for the customer engagement through digital channels
• Lead projects to increase customer engagement
• Manage digital customer retention on all digital channels
• Digitization of Ooredoo customer base interaction and transactions
• Customer Support channels expansion and digitalization
• Lead eCommerce platform enhancement and alignment with new products and services launches
• Work on migrating eCommerce to mCommerce
• Forecast and plan weekly/monthly stock activities with internal stakeholders
• Manage and head the digital sales targets
Device Revenue/ Subsidy Budget / P&L
• Device Strategy and Roadmap
• Build, maintain and execute the device release calendar and promotional roadmap
• Project financial requirements for the annual device subsidy and gross device volume/non-recurring revenue budget (tradable inventory) and P&L.
• Manage the utilization of this budget to agreed limits and ROI objectives.
Device Wholesale Business
• Drive a device distribution model.
• Maximize Revenues & margin facilitating with supply chain, sales, & partners.
• Maximize distributer agreements to drive more volume and product.
• Create larger partnerships & support when driving additional device volumes.
Device Vendor Management and Partnership
• Build long term sustainable partnerships with device vendors; driving alignment of shared objectives, inter-business processes and strategy
• Manage existing partnerships to extract maximum benefit to Ooredoo Kuwait through preferential treatment, new offerings and co-marketing investments
• Maximize vendor support to improve margin and drive more product.
• Initiate and negotiate new partnership opportunities with device vendors/partners.
• Plan and execute engagement strategy for vendor partners to promote where relevant existing or emerging vendors to the benefit of the company
• Define and execute the short mid and long term device strategy driving key business objectives; Acquisition, ROI, Revenue.
Device Strategy and Roadmap
• Build, maintain and execute the device release calendar and promotional roadmap.
• Create strategic alignment between hero device market event and company service offerings/promotions for maximal growth.
• Own the device portfolio and lifecycle from introduction to retirement ensuring a well-balanced and market leading offering in all segments.
Accelerate Digital Transformation
• Capitalize on Home Entertainment, smart home and consumer IoT
• Leveraging on the existing partnerships and building new HW partnerships to strategically launch and introduce consumer IOT and home automation products to the market prioritizing customer experience and product quality.
• Manage and maintain Ooredoo's complete device portfolio.
These portfolios include:
- Smartphones/WBB Devices
- New Verticals
Inventory, Forecasting &Ordering
• Responsible and owner of the complete Device Inventory for Ooredoo Kuwait.
• Weekly review of inventory to ensure ageing situations are avoided.
• Promotions & Stock Rotation on ageing stock.
• Maximizing Consignment agreements to keep the inventory healthy.
• Wholesale of obsolete devices.
• Device warehousing 3PL/4PL study.
• Quarterly device forecasting for each segment to secure budget.
• Monthly forecast planning to ensure the correct stock is ordered for the month.
• Weekly device orders to maintain a healthy ordering model and reduce ageing situations.
• Ordering includes the creation of purchase requests & follow ups with Supply chain and vendors to ensure stock arrives in time.
• Responsible of Revenue, Cost, P&L for content services.
• Create a strategy to monetize the current content offering working on new product developments to enhance the digital offering across all segments of the target market.
• Oversees the Digital Services, VAS & Content Strategy for the company and to develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing activities across all digital channels
• Selectively Pursue Digital Services & Partnerships
• Manage strategic partners (Google, Apple, Amazon, Netflix Etc.)
• Leverage Digital Products and Partnerships for Differentiation
• Diversify revenue streams
• Improve ARPU & retention
• Capitalize on the dynamic local startup ecosystem in the country and leverage digital products selectively launched by SMEs
• Manage all new large content systems being bought by Ooredoo Kuwait ensuring complete requirements and customer experience is taken care of in the integration.
• Lead several teams of Directors and Senior Managers
• Set and monitor specific KPI's for each team member's performance, qualitative and quantitative
• Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
• Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
• Ensure Individual Development Plans (IDP) are completed for all staff in accordance with Ooredoo Kuwait policy.
• Recruit reporting staff as required.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
• Bachelor Degree (Engineering, Marketing, Business or Science)
• Master's degree is an added advantage
• Relevant experience in the telecommunications sector
• 3+ year's management experience.
• A visionary with a deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive and increase revenue.
• Strong commercial acumen and the ability to read and interpret market data
• Strong time, planning and project management skills.
• Strong writing skills and development of presentations.
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Able to successful work on own initiatives
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing in both Arabic and English.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication experience and the ability to establish and build relationships quickly.
• Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication and motivation
• Organization and delegation
• Forward planning and strategic thinking
• Problem solving and decision-making
• Commercial awareness
• Core knowledge of telecommunications products and services.
• Strong analytical & project management skills.
• Knowledge of the GSM, LTE & emerging mobile services and products and overall knowledge of product lifecycle management
• Presentation skills to "C" level management
• Communication skills - Comfort around higher management.
• MS Office applications (focus Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated acumen in understanding the industry and its trends
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.