Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The Strategy Director is responsible for the Strategy Development and Formulation. The position entails undertaking project management, strategic analysis, coordination and influencing roles in the strategy team, new growth and efficiency initiatives. This position will work closely with our leader and management teams in supporting informed decision making, portfolio strategy, financial planning, future trends, new growth and efficiency opportunities, and competitor analysis. Also this role will ensure the strategic alignment of the organisations strategic aspirations - from marketplace to behaviour; and putting the right foundations for the execution the overall strategic road map (including BSC definition and associated targets). The position is highly visible and requires frequent interaction with all staff levels, including the senior executive team. This position provides a complete range of information support to business managers, including decision support indicators based on targets, actual, assessment etc. to facilitate decision making. The role will also cover the inorganic opportunities from M&A, strategic partnerships to new ventures and new businesses development.
- Lead the Strategic Management process through the development and monitoring of the company's growth strategy.
- Conducts thorough environmental, operational performance, enterprise risk, and market analysis to deliver compelling insights to identify competitive and strategic positioning
- Drive the definition of specific, measurable strategic goals for the company
- Lead the design of business scaling & revenue growth strategy for Telecom
- Identify emerging areas of interest to Telecom
- Work with senior managers to help set the overall strategic direction of the company, and to design key initiatives including growth strategy and operational excellence.
- Peers and competitors' analysis and benchmarks
- Support with business integration & design strategy for revenue increase.
- Provide information / trend analysis on Kuwait market and industry
- Deep dives on strategic topics
- Strategic reviews and identification of new initiatives
- Endorse Business Cases for strategic projects and large opportunities
- Proposing strategic recommendations to the Exco related to new operational efficiency levers (including core-non-core, and impulsing long term transformation initiatives)
- Ensuring the relevant strategic story telling is built and the right cascading and communication internally and externally are developed.
- Manages the annual 3-Year Business Planning process through cross functional data elicitation and coordination and ensures upwards traceability through supporting Business Units articulate their localised strategic plans
- Alternative scenarios modelling & planning
- Build the 3-Year strategic roadmap with the business units, Support Strategic Initiatives Definition and Scoping and set-up the right foundations for the execution program that will be run by the Strategic PMO and Transformation office
- Coordinate with the Group on the business planning process and for the effective execution of the same Oversees AOP Development and ensure budget interlock, KPIs and Balance Scorecards definition and implementation
- Guide Senior Management towards any immediate need to change business strategy/ plan based on the analysis of changing business needs and (or) regulatory changes.
- Develops all quarterly review materials for the Ooredoo Kuwait Board and Ooredoo Kuwait leadership team, to ensure alignment in messages
- 3-Year Risks assessment and interlock with ERM
- Run and lead alternative scenarios planning and modelling
- Lead the development of new activities from M&A till handover to business and operations
- Perform regular Portfolio management of business activities and propose relevant optimisations and recommendations
- Drive the relevant Strategic Partnerships to generate new revenue streams and/or complement existing Ooredoo Kuwait assets and capabilities. Maintain overall consistency and coherence of the portfolio of Strategic partners
- Support set-up of a Start-up incubator/venture fund development that will benefit for Ooredoo Kuwait and establish the right ecosystem
- Work closely with the management team in the support of developing the business strategy and its sets of strategic initiatives.
- Strong coordination with Strategic PMO & Transformation office to ensure the delivery and/or update of strategic initiatives
- Make recommendations to management team on specific opportunities (external as well as internal)
- Animate community cross-functional from different departments for either strategic initiative or 3 Year strategic planning
- Define and manage process to track progress to plan
- Provide reports and presentations for reviews
- Provide forecasting support, budget/plan and resource planning for the Strategy & Business Development Unit.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors
- Coaching and support development of analysts and managers and other team members within the team
- MBA degree in business or a related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
- Strong Strategy and Project Management skills
- Strong M&A & Business development skills
- Strong Management skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access & Power Point and understanding of Database Concepts 12+ years' experience with 8+ years consulting experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or the strategy and corporate development function within a major company preferably in TMT sector
- Experience in business strategy, marketing, business development , transformation, new business & operations with leading Telecom & technology ventures
- Proven facilitator and communicator that has the ability to lead groups at all levels through complex problems with confidence and clarity
- Strategic vision and problem solving skills
- Possess financial acumen with the ability to link and correlated between business strategy/initiatives, operational plans and financial performance
- Good execution skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial modelling capabilities
- Good interpersonal & communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Attention to detail
- Ambitious and result driven. Ability to cope with deadlines
- Work prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to drill-down and perform root-cause analysis
- Team Player
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Knowledge of GCC Markets would be a plus
- Experience with consulting experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or the strategy and corporate development function within a major company preferably in TMT sector
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Director Strategy Execution & Communication
BAC Middle East
Enterprise Performance Improvement - Senior Vice President - Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
A Leading Energy Services Company In The UAE