Job description / Role
Senior Drainage Engineer / Hydraulic Modeller
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The Engineer will be responsible in providing discipline relevant calculations, drawings, specifications and other associated documents and ensure they are technically correct, complete and clearly presented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes complex and difficult drainage designs and layouts for complete systems and components of a project. Assignments typically involve design elements for which there may be no clearly established precedents and require anticipation of problems at the outset in order to provide appropriate solutions.
• Ensures compliance with required specification, tolerances, safety factors and client requirements.
• Checks orthographic (2D) and isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. May provide direction to a team of checking personnel, ensuring the mathematical accuracy of the drawings produced.
• Performs specialized design computations and analysis within the discipline.
• Collaborates with Drainage Engineers and other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of design.
• Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 15 years of hands-on work experience in the field of stormwater drainage design and hydraulic analysis and modelling.
• Must have experience with drainage software related to roadway/civil projects.
• GCC experience is an advantage.
• Has proven technical knowledge of specific subject areas pertaining drainage and hydraulic works and proven ability to use relevant software.
• Must be familiar with International Codes (AASHTO and BS etc.).
• Good report-writing and client liaison skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.