Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments related to self-performed design-build heavy civil infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, tunnels, rail, and water and wastewater treatment plants. The engineer at this level demonstrates expertise in applying engineering theories and general industry practices to resolve difficult problems. Provides leadership and functional guidance to craft and lower-level technical personnel. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
• Collaborates with field superintendents and construction management for the completion of difficult field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, and coordination of complex construction activities. Provides technical evaluation of work in progress and resolution of constructability issues.
• Reviews and interprets design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and feasibility to perform technical execution of work. Provides resolution for difficult and/or complex technical engineering problems across disciplines and coordinates application of solutions.
• Provides technical guidance to site personnel regarding installations. Ensures that all work within his/her assigned scope of responsibility is installed in accordance with plans, specifications, and industry and quality standards. This includes ensuring that all tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Monitors construction schedules and assists in progress appraisal. Provides schedule and progress appraisal data to engineering and construction management.
• Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule.
• Maintains a daily log for permanent record of project construction, as well as engineering data for the final project turnover and report.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years of related work experience preferably on large infrastructure projects.
• Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of electrical international standards, codes and regulations. Knowledge of common project delivery methods and Middle East practices are also preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
|Al Ain||30 Jan|
Electrical Project Manager
Project Engineer (Electrical) - Landscaping Contractor
BAC Middle East
Electrical Inspector - Infrastructure