Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of. Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
IT capacity planning, design, implementation and optimization of (but not limited to) servers, storage, operating system, databases, virtualization, cloud computing, backup, archiving in alignment with the organization, group roadmaps and unify roadmap
This role will primary focus in contributing to ICT infrastructure evolution towards convergence, best practices advancement, next generation IT Infrastructure trends and alignment of IT investments plus infrastructure design with the business goals of the enterprise.
In addition, this function will work on improving systems availability and disasters endurance, from a design perspective
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Plan, Design, Develop and optimize infrastructure solutions to enhance ICT infrastructure components: storage, servers, backup, network, OS/DB/Virtualization licensing, etc.
- Responsible for day to day ICT Infrastructure requirements provisioning and tuning
- Speedily incorporates emerging technologies into the existing infrastructure like cloud computing, software defined data centers and networks virtualization
- Providing the necessary skills to help successfully execute the infrastructure transformation and convergence strategy
- Manage any new hardware request from any Ooredoo internal department and provide active support by translating their needs to technical specs and architecture solutions.
- Hardware capacity planning for the organization that comprises ICT infrastructure short and long term growth forecast.
- Draft and evaluate all IT infrastructures RFP's, RFI's and RFQ's in alignment with The Company procurement process.
- Improve System performance, by conducting performance assessment impact of any capacity change on ICT systems, by ensuring hardware KPI's are always meet and/or by proposing resolutions
- Maintain IT infrastructure inventory. That covers hardware & software components (i.e.: servers, storage, backup mediums, OS licenses, DB licenses, virtualization licenses, etc.) and insure IT Hardware assets are always optimal/optimized by challenging all new requirements.
- Build ICT infrastructure documentations covering rack layouts, solution diagrams, data flow diagrams, etc. for any existing or new project
- Managing and evaluating day to day storage and backup allocations
- Highlight project issues to senior management and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Work Closely with IT security and Service assurance teams promoting secure infrastructural and secure solution designs
- Work closely with Service assurance team assuring ICT infrastructure meets availability and performance KPI's.
- Participating in IT group strategies covering strategy drafting and knowledge sharing with Ooredoo OPCO's
- Aligning any new project or implementation with The Company and OOREDOO group IT strategy & Roadmap.
- Assess new IT solutions market trends and map them to the Company IT environment to leverage their benefits by developing solutions destined to enhance the Company current IT infrastructure. That covers current IT setup analysis, business cases writing, comparative ROI documents, etc.
- Ensure any project completion and closure by obtaining sign off from all The Company main stakeholders (i.e. Operations & Business teams)
- Manage and supervise new projects in line with The Company agreed roadmap covering IT infrastructure (servers, storage, operating system, databases, virtualization, cloud computing, high availability, backup, archiving and IT disaster recovery, etc.)
- Technical document creation (Projects Specifications document, engagement documents, RFP's and RFQ's, Evaluation sheets, etc.) as per The Company processes & procedures
- Day to day issuing of work orders to IT operations team for any system change.
- Participate in Seminars and conferences for gathering global insight into telecom and technological new trends related to IT infrastructure and utilize the gathered information for the company the Company benefit.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- 3-4 Years of experience based on progression ladder in IT infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of new Infrastructure trends like, but not limited to, virtualization and cloud computing
- Strong experience in infrastructure sizing and availability concepts
- Hands on IT systems, databases and storage administration
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and project life cycle.
- Hands-on experience in analysis and implementation of software/hardware.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecoms / Communications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Fair Project Management skill
- Strong Technical skills Strong interpersonal communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.