Job description / Role
Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo
Build operate and maintain all FT core network infrastructure elements.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Maintain Routing and Switching infrastructure
- Maintain Remote access servers, ATM infrastructure, Firewalls, DWDM, SDH, Cache engines, MPLS VPN Layer 2 and Layer 3
- propose products from various vendor such as WAN and LAN optimization products Manage International links and maintaining BGP relations with providers and customers, this includes traffic control, route manipulation and filtering
- Design, plan and optimize FT L1 (dark fibers and DWDM), L2 and L3 protocols
- Manage Ooredoo Projects (MPLS.SDHâ€¦)
- Manage IP ranges planning and subnetting Plan and evaluate network equipment hardware and reflecting it to the inventory database, Research and introduce new technologies
- Manage and maintaining all POPs (Point Of Presence) network infrastructure
- Manage Network configuration, network architecture (including hardware and software technology, site location, and integration of technologies.
- Provide the sales/pre-sales and deployment teams with technical advice and support
- Provide deployment and Wireless team with technical solutions
- Meet with clients to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and content needs
- Resolve escalated issues from 1st and 2nd level of FT support
- Resolve all issue related to international providers & issues related to (dark fibers, DWDM, SDH)
- Support other team members (Deployment, WiMAX, PMO & Voice) on technical issues.
- Support of deploying and commissioning border and access routers and switches
- IP & Transmission Core Operation
- CCNP, CCIE Certificate or higher.
- ISP Experience.
- Familiar with CISCO Technology.
- Experience in Cisco Configuration and installation experience & Familiar with MPLS deployment & transmission (DWDM, SDH)
- Engineering Bachelor degree or higher.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.