Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- This role level will plan, design and support execution of complex Billing and Charging requirements and projects, both short term and long term, transformational ones.
- This Senior level will also typically be expected to align BSS platforms as per Ooredoo and Ooredoo group technical strategy.
- In addition, the role is expected to define capacity, functionality and planning of Billing, Wholesale Billing, Dunning & Collection, Bill Formatting, and Provisioning, in line with Ooredoo Telecom's assumptions and growth plans as per the roadmap.
- Finally the role should work actively in proposing new ideas to enhance products configuration time to market and efforts optimization, by proposing new solutions/systems
- Responsible for architecture planning and expansion for all the systems under the Charging & Billing domain keeping in mind Ooredoo security policies and road map.
- Actively support on-going and future transformation projects across BSS platforms and/or driven by enterprise architecture best practices
- Propose ideas/systems to optimize products configuration lifecycles across BSS platforms
- Track capacity and resource utilization of various systems and services in the area responsible for.
- Ensure that the PLM process is followed and all necessary documentation is maintained as per Ooredoo standards to have faster time to market products.
- Perform (all or few) activities of the SDLC - not limiting to feasibility study and implementation of the convergent and non-convergent products and services.
- Perform discussions with the internal and external stakeholders to achieve high levels of quality and maximal functionality in the technical implementation of solutions.
- Contributor in managing the architecture in the charging and Billing domain and maintain the updated architecture document on a quarterly basis.
- Explore the new features and functionalities and present to the commercial team for product definitions.
- Benchmarking the performance status of all systems responsible for.
- Write test scenarios and test cases.
- Conduct system integration testing & Support UAT.
- Prepare for production deployments.
- Support post cutover design changes.
- Responsible for configuration, setting up acceptance test plans and deployment of new solutions and products.
- Generate implementation documents that would be the reference document for Implementation team while integrating new systems/services.
- Highlight project issues to senior management and makes recommendations for improvements
- Produce project plans, resource plans, material cost plans and risk assessment on all technical projects.
- Meet quality and performance KPI with supporting documents.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo telecom departments and translate their business needs to technical specs and architecture solutions.
- Provide support on special projects as and when assigned by senior management.
- Aligning BSS projects implementation with OOREDOO group strategies.
- Build long term plans for expansions and upgrades for the main Solutions componentsØ²
- Take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of
- Other duties as directed by Sr. Manager / Management.
- Very Good Telecom industry knowledge
- Advanced hands on working knowledge of Billing, Provisioning, Mediation and IT systems
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience in analysis and implementation of software
- Telecom industry knowledge standards like TAM, TOGAF, ITIL and TMF would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Fair Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Manager, Infrastructure Planning
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
Green Gulf Careers
Senior Engineer, Telecom Core Planning Architect
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Network Quality & Service Monitoring Engineer (Omani or GCC National)