Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- Contribute technical expertise and participate in the electrical Planning and implementation team for project managing site construction activities for all Switching/Data centers, core sites and base stations to support the development of Ooredoo Telecom's GSM /LTE & 5G network and Data Centers /Access network locations.
- The Senior level will execute many of the same activities as the Junior and Mid-level, but in addition, will typically work on more complex, larger and higher importance/impact projects. The Senior level will also typically be expected to deliver highly optimal results as a product of broader and deeper experience.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Prepare the plans of the power (electrical & Mechanical) and other related requirements for base station sites over Ooredoo NW based on the targets provided by the management.
- Maintain updated records & database which are necessary for the planning & development purposes.
- Ensure electrical, mechanical & BSS implementation engineering contractor compliance with terms and conditions.
- Deliver completed sites on time and to required standards.
- Evaluate and develop electrical implementation engineering specifications and design reports provided by Planning for the construction of each network site. This is to enable the development of drawings and specifications for contractor execution under the provisions of long term construction contracts.
- Implement the electrical & mechanical works related to the contract guidelines & deadlines. Complete the requirement milestones on time & evaluates in regular basses the contract terms & BOQ in order to amend the implementation and consulting contract.
- Study & evaluate the equipment documentation's involved in the power (electrical & mechanical) implementation.
- Participate in the regular monitoring of the civil engineering component of contractor performance ensuring compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Ensure all necessary statutory and regulatory permissions have been obtained and that site access provisions have been secured from lessons.
- Evaluate the power sources, availability & consumption for the proposed & existing sites.
- Conduct power acceptance test procedures with contractor upon project completion to ensure full contract compliance. Recommend the invoking of penalty clauses in cases of contract breach by contractor.
- Follow up the process for ordering power related materials.
- Track the delivery of power related materials and maintain updated inventory records.
- Prepare and designs all electrical drawings and modifications needed for the project and Ooredoo Telecom's buildings.
- Develop and review all AC and DC electrical power sources for Ooredoo Telecom's properties.
- Contract managing all civil engineering construction activities in the area responsible for.
- Meet quality and performance KPI with supporting documents.
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo Telecom departments.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
- Provides reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- Provide and manage support on special projects as and when assigned by seniors and superiors.
- Assists the management in developing and implementing procedures and standards that will provide effective workflows.
- Contribute to the motivation of junior staff, providing day to day assistance where necessary.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Required 3-4 years of experience relevant project based electrical engineering experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal Arabic and English
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.