Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Work in 24x7 shifts and first point of contact for incident management, fault handling, and change management.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- First point of contact for incident management, fault handling, and change management
- Responsible for the monitoring of the NOC and Customer's operations
- Assist in other activities and projects as needed
- Create tickets with adequate priority code after conducting first diagnosis
- Follow-up on open tickets resolution time and status
- Apply Standard Operation Procedures
- Assign tickets to appropriate second level support groups, vendors or Customer
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations
- Attend Operations and B2B division meetings as required.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Attend Training Programs, Courses, and Seminars, conferences, vendor meetings, User Groups and presentations.
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in Information and Communication Technologies (Networks, Systems, Security, etc.)
- Systematic with good troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong experience in each area described in "Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge"
- Computer and Communications Engineering Degree or equivalent
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.