Job description / Role
Senior Geotechnical Specialist
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support and advise the Engineering Team on optimal founding and site grading solutions.
• Analyze data and soil samples through field and laboratory analysis to determine type, classification, characteristics, and stability of soil.
• Coordinate and schedule testing of required samples. Prepare the project schedule and ensure it is done in a timely manner.
• Determine if fault or fractures in soils would be detrimental to construction plans.
• Make recommendations regarding foundation design, slope angles, grading, or building heights or any other related matter.
• Supervise, train and evaluate performance of other Geotechnical Engineers on the Project.
• Control testing activities during construction projects. Spot check data for possible errors.
• Meet with Inspectors, Engineers, Contractors and/or Client to determine corrective actions required when there are discrepancies between work done and the approved plans, specifications and standards.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• University Degree in Geology, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering.
• Minimum 20 years of related work experience, 7 years of which in a leadership capacity.
• Excellent English communication skills both written and oral.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.