Job description / Role
Senior Internal Auditor, Quality Assurance & Improvement Program (QAIP) and Special Assign
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Developing the quality assurance and improvement program, conducted the special assignments, conduct internal and external assessment of IA activities and submit the reports to the review and approval of the CAE.
- Lead the development and execution of the division's quality assurance and improvement program, including the strategy, plan, policies, BSC/performance indicators, etc.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the QA universe and reviews including: internal audits, risk assessments, business monitoring procedures, issue management corrective action plans, management and board committee reporting, as well as QA reviews.
- Oversee the tracking, monitoring, and end-to-end management of corrective action plans associated with QA reviews.
- Support internal and external assessments of the Internal Audit Division, including facilitating pre-planning and readiness reviews.
- Ensure Internal Audit policies, procedures and practices followed are in alignment with Ooredoo Group's Internal Audit strategy and methodology.
- Ensure that QAR internal assessment is conducted on an annual basis.
- Identify improvement opportunities and best practices based on results of quality assurance reviews.
- Design and deliver audit-related training program components to auditors with varying levels of experience based on QA results.
- Provide reporting to CAE capturing QAIP plan activities and results.
- Manage external benchmarking activities and maintain awareness of current, best-in-class internal audit practices.
- People lead the team of quality assurance colleagues and effectively teach, coach, and develop team members, as appropriate.
- Conform to the internal audit standards, IPPF, code of ethics, frameworks and manuals.
- Helping the CAE in the preparation of regular progress report to Audit & Risk Management Committee (ARC).
- Provide a consultancy services (financial, operational and technical) to Management after obtaining the needed approvals (ARC).
- Communicate the results of consulting projects to the CAE on time.
- Manage ad-hoc, whistleblowing, special audit and investigation assignments as instructed by the CAE.
- Develop, train and encourage the new hired IA Staff and pass on his/her knowledge and experience to them during field work and mentor their career advancement
- Develop and maintain productive team-oriented management and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Represent internal audit at Ooredoo Kuwait Telecom project team meetings, at management meetings, and meetings with external organizations
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by CAE.
- Internal Audit, Assurance, or Accounting professional certification (CIA,CFE or equivalent), required
- Direct experience in quality assurance reviews related to Internal Audit.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of IIA standards, regulatory, and financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to Internal Audit.
- General knowledge of international accounting and auditing standards.
- Skills in planning and project management.
- Analytical and evaluation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English.
- Knowledge of The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics as well as standards related to financial reporting such as IFRS and GAAP.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and working knowledge of contemporary control frameworks.
- Working knowledge of control and risk self-assessment facilitation techniques.
- Considerable knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Considerable skill in conflict resolution, mediation, negotiating issues, and resolving problems.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or an appropriate area of study from a first tier educational institute.
- Certification in at least one area (e.g., CIA, CFE, etc.) is preferable.
- Post-graduate qualifications in business administration, public administration, or a related field or profession (e.g., operational auditing, financial auditing, or accounting) will be viewed favorably
- Audit Software (Team Mate) and audit analytical tools
- MS Office
- Familiarity, good IT knowledge and ability to manage an audit.
- Strong computer literacy including audit management systems, systems documentation, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Group In UAE
Black Pearl Consult
Sr. Internal Auditor
A Leading Group In UAE
Deputy Head - Internal Audit
Senior Manager - Internal Audit
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|