Job description / Role
VAC7943 - Senior Manager Data Mining
Ooredoo is an organization on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
• Support marketing value generation activities by developing and applying sophisticated customer insight generation and complex modelling, and segmentation activities.
• Answer critical business questions around marketing/sales funnel optimization, customer retention, business investment prioritization related to customers value management and identifying opportunities, etc.
• Interact with key business stakeholders for data mining model related activities and own end to end data analysis and modelling of assigned projects.
• Create sustainable models and participate in the continuous improvement of predictive analytics framework. Leverage insights gained from analytics into actionable business recommendations.
• Measure marketing CVM related activities, act as the custodian of the models used for CVM activities and ensure accuracy and optimum performance of the models.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Manage data mining activity across organization in collaboration with relevant functions and identify opportunities, leverage on DM capabilities to improve quality of the customers, revenue, retention, and reduction in bad debts and enhance customer LTV.
• Implement Industry standard Data mining processes to improve efficiency.
• Provide predictive knowledge using datamining capabilities and models to boost the business (churn, segmentation, tariff optimization, next best offer)
• Manage and develop Intelligent Customer DNA for commercial actions.
• Develop right Segments and clusters for marketing actions
• Use Social network analytics for identifying the right communities and enhance the marketing efforts and product penetration
• Manage Datamining Eco system.
• Work closely with marketing segment and CVM team to identify targets and actions and provide intelligent inputs and insights using BI capabilities.
• Develop and maintain CDNA, LTV and Survival models for marketing actions.
• Develop and implement various marketing segments.
• Own and Measure the incremental outcome of CVM activities compared with the UCG and act as the official reporting source of such KPIs Liaison with other functions to develop strategies to use data mining capabilities for revenue generation and protection, improve customer quality and for predictive analytics
• Engage with Tec DWH for BI operations as per the SLA
• Engage with Technology management and planning team and implement various DM initiatives as required. Collaborate and aligned with Group data mining strategic initiatives and polices.
• Engage with peers in the group and Opcos and share knowledge and models
• Implement Group commercial team recommendations and fulfil the requirements as per their guidelines. Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
• Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
• Recruit reporting staff as required.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
• Bachelor degree or above in Business Intelligence, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, IT or a related discipline.
• Required 7-8 years of experience based on progression ladder.
• 4 + years of experience in the Business intelligence & Data mining
• Strong data mining expertise.
• Strong statistical background.
• Strong knowledge in Telco, Marketing domain.
• Proficient in BI DWH systems and Teradata or other databases.
• Excellent strategic thinking, analytical skills and the ability to be creative.
• Aptitude to multi-task and prioritize effectively, manage pressure, and solve problems.
• Strong coaching and team building experience
• Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
• Knowledge of current Data Warehouse technologies, concepts and products
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.