Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Our tailored external audit services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity and consistency. We are 79,000+ professionals based worldwide across 150 countries. Audit services involve reporting on the fairness in all material respects with which a client's audited financial statements are presented, in conformity with the applicable financial reporting framework.
EY is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Audit team to lead on complex audit engagements and support growth of the Audit business.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager or Director, you will manage the delivery of audit engagements by defining the audit strategy in consultation with Associate Partners or Partners, and executing it in compliance with EY's policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute complex audit procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement. You'll also assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders as well as participate in business development initiatives.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and confirm that work delivered to clients is of a high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring. You will also contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Assurance professionals and contribute to the maintenance of an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record, including a degree or accounting qualification
- At least eight years of professional experience in an audit, accounting or finance role
- Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques and experience managing teams
- Specific industry experience in the energy sector, including Oil & Gas, Power and Utilities
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Understanding of currently applicable and upcoming IFRS as well as US GAAP
- Experience of risk based audit process
- Knowledge of use of audit tools and data analytic tools
- Coaching, mentoring and counselling experience
- Fluent English communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
Ideally you'll also have
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region