Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Carry out complex different assignments of the Financial & Operational audits, investigations, forensics and advisory activities for Ooredoo-Kuwait operations and ensuring the work is carried out with professional care and in accordance with the appropriate standards.
These different activities involve leading or conducting performance, operational, financial, compliance audit and consulting services for management and staff. In addition, the role provides significant input to the preparation of annual internal Audit Plan and contributes significantly in the follow-up audit with management
- Identify and evaluate Ooredoo-Kuwait audit risk areas and provide key input to the development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Update the audit and risk universe on a regular base and report the results to the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit.
- Gather the management requirements for the audit plan through the different meetings with the management, consultation with Regulatory and Compliance requirements, and external audit;
- Perform / Manage financial and operational audits and review the work performed to ensure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached;
- Plan the resources and requirements for the different audit assignments and special assignments
- Monitor the audit assignments progress and escalate any show stoppers to the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit for the intervention;
- Ensure the contents of Internal Audit manual are followed and adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting technical processes and procedures;
- Prepare/develop the risk assessment and audit programs with appropriate testing mechanisms, execute the audit program, recognize control weaknesses, assess the materiality of these weaknesses, and relate them back to the scope and objectives of the audit;.
- Conduct or lead interviews, review of documents, development and administration of audit surveys, composing summary memos, and preparation of working papers.
- Follow up the implementation of audit recommendations in a timely manner;
- Interact with staff, section heads, department directors and managers and when necessary with executive management in order to obtain and/or communicate relevant information to achieve the objective/s of the Financial & Operational Audit;
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure all internal audit activities that are carried out or supervised are in compliance with The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards), IIA Code of Ethics;
- Work independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Support the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit in coordinating with the external auditors and facilitate their fieldwork in the Company.
- Lead and coach the IA staff, review their work, improve their capabilities.
- Support the quality assurance and improvement program (QAIP).
- Provide a consultancy services (financial, operational and technical) to Management after obtaining the needed approvals (ARC
- Lead consulting engagements related to financial and operational aspects of Ooredoo if asked to do so by superiors
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit
- Review of Ooredoo policies and procedures of the company for submission to Internal Audit Director before being raised to CAE, CEO Audit & Risk Management Committee (ARC);
- Conduct a quarterly review on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) report.
- Conduct or lead the Internal Audit team in performing any fraud investigations or any special audit assignments as instructed by superiors;
- Communicate the results, finding and recommendations of special assignment/investigation via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis to the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit, and if necessary to the ARC as instructed by the CAE.
- Support the Director, Financial & Operational Internal Audit in monitoring the workload and resources management to effectively handle the different assignments in the Financial & Operational areas.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Represent internal audit at Ooredoo project team meetings, at management meetings, and meetings with external organizations.
- Other duties as directed by the Director, Operational& Financial Internal Audit or CAE.
- 8+ years Minimum experience in internal auditing, external auditing, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including 2 years in managerial level.
- Knowledge of Company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of The IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics as well as IFRS and GAAP.
- Analytical and evaluation skills.
- Extensive experience with report writing and conducting presentations.
- Exposure to planning and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English.
- Evaluate the company's processes and identifies potential problem areas where related controls need further testing.
- Carry out risk analysis and assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Perform sufficient tests, including data analysis, to provide reasonable assurance that internal controls are existing and adequate.
- Identify and evaluate possible solutions to identified control issues, recommend them and obtain management agreement or actions on such recommendations.
- Internal Audit System (Team Mate) and analytical tools
- MS Office
- Experience with specialized computer system relating to audit, and other relevant business software.
- Experience in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or an appropriate area of study from a first tier educational institute.
- Certification in at least one area (e.g. CIA, CA, ACCA, CFE, and CPA) is preferred.
- Commencement of post graduate study in business administration, public administration, or a related field, or a second professional certification in a related area such as fraud auditing or accounting, is an advantage.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.