Job description / Role
VAC8050 - Senior Manager, Fraud Management
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Lead the activities of a team responsible for timely and innovation analysis of customer usage trends to prevent revenue leakage owing to fraudulent measures.
- Take proactive measures and constantly monitor the revenue streams and implement Proactive checks to prevent fraud.
- Support the product development team making suggestions where vulnerabilities are noted in the launch of a new product.
- Develop and implement strategies which are risk averse
- Proactively identify probable process gaps and minimize possible fraud areas across the billing and network elements and work with involved parties to ensure future revenues are assured.
- Manage the Fraud Management System and ensure the rules are constantly updated and timely checks are put in place.
- Maintain a log of all the different types of telecom frauds and report on any losses incurred during regular periods.
- Keep updated with different fraud scenarios with the help of GSM Association' Fraud Forum and other Online Sources
- Initiate and conclude systematic investigations on suspected transactions and cases.
- Identify "hot spots" within Ooredoo and putting measures in place to monitor those areas for fraud and revenue leaks.
- Advise Managers of any significant deviation from established process or any procedural default to take appropriate action on time.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and the approach to manage internal fraud and abuse. Implement and manage tools and techniques which aid the internal fraud control proactively.
- Ensure that the rules are constantly updated in the Fraud Management System (FMS) and timely checks are put in place.
- Develop controls and coordinate with various teams in the company to monitor excessive usage of services such as roaming, voice, data etc. which may lead to possible misuse or fraud.
- Assist the Management in conducting investigations on possible fraudulent activities or assigned tasks.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures and approach to effectively partner with other departments and change management function to perform quality assurance testing on key processes and system changes which impact the recording, processing of revenue (and cost) producing events.
- Assist in formulating a company-wide strategy and develop processes to detect and analyze fraud and close process gaps (in coordination with PMO and Internal Audit).
- Constantly monitor the Customers (Postpaid/Prepaid/Data/Roaming) usage to identify any anomaly and carry out effective analysis of data to come out with corrective actions and reports.
- Monitor and assess the need for changes to the fraud and credit control process and procedures and assist in the preparation of proposals to make those changes.
- Monitor and assess the need for changes to the Fraud Management
- Monitor and control usage on test SIMS, discounts, waivers, promotions and updates / amendments of subscriber and system information (BSCS, RAS, Voucher and Oracle Financial etc.)
- Assist in designing and implementing processes that will enable Ooredoo to identify potential risk areas and deal with these risks.
- Verify the accuracy of information / data processed, identify issue and take corrective action to resolve problems.
- Regular and timely escalation of revenue leakages/ fraud/process gaps.
- Provide regular reports on risk / fraud to Management on concerning progress made, outlining the quantified benefit to the organization and the outcomes.
- Provide analysis and summaries of information as directed ensuring key issues brought to the attention of Management.
- Monitor control reports on fraud instances and performance of the FMS on a regular basis.
- Identify weaknesses and improve controls by developing systems and reports of irregularities (control reports) to management.
- Identify and undertake investigation into discrepancies or shortage of information / data and either take action or reports issues to Management
- Identify and prepare control reports to monitor revenue streams and process failures.
- Ensure NRTRDE/HUR from roaming partners is received for action by the team.
- Ensure all system alarms are closed on time.
- Undertake regular on the job training to ensure that direct reports have the necessary skills to undertake new or existing responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of direct reports to ensure they meet their objectives, are kept motivated and perform in accordance with their job description.
- Provide identify and undertake investigation into discrepancies or shortages of information / data and either take action or report issues to the Management
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they are developed and maximize their potential.
- Responsible for setting up Fraud Management function for Subsidiary business, understanding products with risks for FT, mapping best practices across industry to define FM strategy and building controls for this business.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well - informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by direct supervisor or any other superiors.
- 7 - 8 years of experience in Telecom with min 4 years of experience in the Fraud Management with 2 years in Supervisory Role.
- Working Knowledge in a Fraud Management System (Like Subex FMS, Etc.)
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Good knowledge in SQL and PLSQL.
- Strong Management Skills
- High Analytical skills and lateral thinking
- Highly Computer Literate
- Good Communication Skills
- Master's Degree qualification with appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
- Relevant Fraud Management Certification
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.