Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
This role will work across all ICT division in re-evaluating Ooredoo 's ICT Infrastructure by enhancing flexibility, responsiveness, agility, and by creating a dynamic ICT infrastructure that is easier and less expensive to manage, upgrade and run.
This role will primary focus in contributing to ICT infrastructure evolution towards convergence, best practices advancement, next generation IT Infrastructure trends and alignment of IT investments plus infrastructure design with the business goals of the enterprise.
In addition, this function will work on improving systems availability and disasters endurance, from a design perspective.
The role is responsible for deploying Caching servers and managing the ISP capacity and to deliver the best network latency
This role will work closely with technology divisions, sharing expertise and sponsoring the ICT Infrastructure convergence and modernization program.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Developing an ICT Infrastructure transformation, optimization and convergence roadmap employing worldwide service providers IT trends, to enable agility & enhance business responsiveness.
- Analyze business value and delivers business case development for optimization projects as well as new delivery environments such as cloud computing
- Speedily incorporates emerging technologies into the existing infrastructure like cloud computing, software defined data centers and networks virtualization
- Work closely with B2B team in designing, introducing and implementing innovative new B2B customer services such as, but not limited to, cloud computing.
- Enhance Infrastructure service delivery quality and process by introducing "provisioning automation"
- Lower cost of ownership through infrastructure optimization
- Facilitates the reinvestment of cost savings into IT-enabled innovation
- Load balancers planning
- ISP capacity management and design
- Filtering solutions to meet the regulatory requirements
- Participate in ICT infrastructure maturity elevation
- Long-term responsibility for the company's ICT Infrastructure
- Recommending appropriate capabilities, tools and sequencing of infrastructure projects for utmost business value
- Providing the necessary skills to help successfully execute the infrastructure transformation and convergence strategy
- Work with stakeholders, both management level and SME level across the organization and within ICT division to contribute in building the holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, and link this to the ICT department strategy.
- Capture Infrastructure inefficiencies, highlights them to senior management and setup action plans and implementations
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Setup short and long term strategies, designs and executions for disaster recovery and business continuity solutions.
- Work closely with ICT Architect in converging ICT infrastructure to host Core network virtualization in ICT private cloud
- Improve design aspects of existing systems, Products and services and formulate respective design documents.
- Interact with commercial team to understand the business requirements and translate it to technical solutions.
- Drive, design and implement documentation and progress reviews for all key infrastructure deployments and report to the Senior management at regular management meetings
- Incorporate Enterprise Architecture and IT security best practices in ICT infrastructure solutions and designs
- Work closely with Service assurance team assuring ICT infrastructure meets availability and performance KPI's
- Align Ooredoo Kuwait ICT to Group-wide Infrastructure maturity levels and target KPI's
- Align Ooredoo Kuwait Technology roadmap with the group technology roadmap
- Participating & Execute OOREDOO group strategies and competency centers covering strategy drafting, product catalogue updates, group wide RFI's drafting/evaluation and knowledge sharing across Ooredoo OPCO's
- Assess new Infrastructure Solutions market trends and map them to the Company Infrastructure environment to leverage their benefits.
- Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
- Providing the necessary leadership and skills to help successfully execute the ICT Infrastructure transformation and convergence strategy
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
- Recruit reporting staff as required.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Participate in seminars and conferences for gathering global insight into telecom technological and business strategies and utilize the gathered information for Ooredoo Telecom's benefit.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- 8+ years Knowledge of key mobile telecom systems, platforms and technologies, mainly focusing on Hardware and virtualization technologies
- Robust Knowledge in new infrastructure trends like, but not limited to: cloud computing architecture, networks convergence and virtualization, software defined data centers
- Ability to explain key aspects of technology innovation, information systems, and networks to key people
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems in information and telecommunication domain.
- High degree of conceptual and strategic thinking analytical and organized
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Mature ability to work collaboratively with management teams throughout the organization and to be seen as a valuable expert resource to be sought out
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skill
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecoms / Communications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Manager, Infrastructure Planning
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Senior Engineer, Telecom Core Planning Architect
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Senior Manager Service Assurance